X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• karenw
    replied
    Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
    I am at Bognor just for the weekend,and spent most of today sitting in the sunshine by the river,surrounded by loads of really tiny baby rabbits,too new to be shy,one was playing with my shoelaces. I dont know how to express how happy it made me!

I think these babes are too small for KarenW to be interested,she only likes them when they hit 200 pounds weight these were about 2 ounces.
    Somehow I missed this thread and updates while I was away in Scotland with only very limited internet access.

Ian - I'm really sorry to read your results weren't what you were hoping for and hope this doesn't mean anything too serious or bad....

As for those small bunnies playing with your shoelaces, I can share the joy of this. And remember, if you'd ever like to sit in a garden surrounded by big happy bunnies lolloping around and chewing through your shoelaces (and shoes) then you know there's always a driveway here complete with tap and free hook-up. We're perfectly positioned for touring the Wye Valley, come and go as you please or just sit and fuss the buns. The offer is there and I very much hope you'll accept it.

Leave a comment:

• Ian.C.S
    replied
    Originally posted by MsWanderer View Post
    Those eggs
    Dont tell me you kept them,they must be ready to hatch by now!

Leave a comment:

• MsWanderer
    replied
    At the roma agm I was teaching peeps to make oeufs en escalope avec fromage,using turkey eggs,its very tasty,but you need BIG eggs.
    Those eggs

Leave a comment:

• Flo
    replied
    Hope you are not going to invite the moths and donkeys to the next meet! Keep smiling Ian and keep the quips coming to make us smile!

Leave a comment:

• Ian.C.S
    replied
    Originally posted by cedas View Post
    I'm semi single - most of my motorhome camping is done alone and have to say. most places I have found it very easy to chat up people - sometimes other solos sometimes couples. Have never followed up any of the acquaintances but I am sure I could have done so had I wanted.

Your on-line persona seems very confident, friendly and attractive. Just get out there and talk to people. You'll easily make friends - maybe not find a soul mate - but so what? There's a nice Spanish saying that goes "mas vale solo que mal acompaƱado" and you being a linguist (I think - or at least very knowledgeable about languages) can soon work out what that means.

Just keep on making new friends - forget about being solo or not.

I have found having a very small motorhome seems to be a great introduction - everywhere I go with my C15 people come up and talk to me - ask me questions, (what does it do to the gallon? what "facilities" has it got? or tell me that years ago they had one and how much they loved it.
    its true that its better to be,under some circumstances,solo,but it is also true
    el hombre busca a una pareja, como la polilla de la busca de la llama.
    So,I will keep hoping and looking.Meanwhile,I have a lot of meets and a big rally to run. see you in a field somewhere,Im the one chewing a grass stalk

Nunca trate de lavar la cabeza de un burro pierdes tu tiempo, y cuando termine, sigue siendo un burro

Leave a comment:

• cedas
    replied
    I'm semi single - most of my motorhome camping is done alone and have to say. most places I have found it very easy to chat up people - sometimes other solos sometimes couples. Have never followed up any of the acquaintances but I am sure I could have done so had I wanted.

Your on-line persona seems very confident, friendly and attractive. Just get out there and talk to people. You'll easily make friends - maybe not find a soul mate - but so what? There's a nice Spanish saying that goes "mas vale solo que mal acompaƱado" and you being a linguist (I think - or at least very knowledgeable about languages) can soon work out what that means.

Just keep on making new friends - forget about being solo or not.

I have found having a very small motorhome seems to be a great introduction - everywhere I go with my C15 people come up and talk to me - ask me questions, (what does it do to the gallon? what "facilities" has it got? or tell me that years ago they had one and how much they loved it.

Leave a comment:

• GeeCee
    replied
    Hey, come on, Ian, we're all routing for you! I remember our first meet and you greeted Carole and I as if we were lost souls-and we were. You made us so welcome. As everyone has said, you have a lot of work to do, many rallies and meets to organize, so no slacking. We won't allow it, or I won't come to the xmas meet. So there!
    Chin up, mate.

Graham (and Carole)

Leave a comment:

• Flo
    replied
    Hi Ian sorry to hear about your results but that won't be an excuse to get out of organising a few meets next year! We need you to keep us in order. Missed you in the Cotswolds but hope to catch up soon.

You are a star at organising such lovely friendly meets and just so glad that you stepped across that chasm all that time ago! Just take it easy.

Viv

Leave a comment:

• Ian.C.S
    replied
    I'll bring my pointy hat & also those big eggs - hope you're cooking them!
    eggs? what eggs?

Leave a comment:

• MsWanderer
    replied
    Hi Angie
    WoooHoo! underground we go!
    Glad your back
    Ian
    I'll bring my pointy hat & also those big eggs - hope you're cooking them!

Leave a comment:

• Ian.C.S
    replied
    Hi Ian, I'm back on line - I had to have a full house re-wire so needed to vacate the house for 2 weeks - the mess is unbelievable - still cleaning up!
    To top it all the change of wiring to the telephone (relocated elsewhere in the house) led to the broadband going down - only got it back today with change of router/cables etc...

Yes visit to caves deffo on...

Ang
    Hi Angie
    WoooHoo! underground we go!
    Glad your back
    Ian

Leave a comment:

• MsWanderer
    replied
    Hi Ian, I'm back on line - I had to have a full house re-wire so needed to vacate the house for 2 weeks - the mess is unbelievable - still cleaning up!
    To top it all the change of wiring to the telephone (relocated elsewhere in the house) led to the broadband going down - only got it back today with change of router/cables etc...

Yes visit to caves deffo on...

Ang

Leave a comment:

• Pallingham
    replied
    Hi Ian

Thank you for your good wishes, not good news today but we are trying to remain positive and plan our camping trips

Ann & Rosie

Leave a comment:

• Ewig
    replied
    I am sorry to hear your news, Ian. I am very pragmatic about life, if you wake up in the morning, that day is gifted to you. There are no guarantees for any of us! Carpe diem!

You are a lovely man and you were very kind to us when Aud had her op. One of the pleasures I look forward to when we come for a meet is an Ian Hug - I'd put it in the top three of Best Hugs In the UK, in fact, I can't think of a better one so that makes you No 1

Love to you,

Barbara Anne and Audrey!
    xx

Leave a comment:

• di allen
    replied
    Ian, you have so many friends here and we're all routing for you. Don't let the 'black dog' sit on your shoulder for too long, send him else where.
    During those long hours before dawn get up and make a cup of tea and think of us... that's enough to send any 'black dog' howling away!

Di.

Leave a comment:

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
Working...
X