Solo campers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solo campers

Hi to all fellow solo campers, ime pretty new on here so I don't know if I am posting in the right forum etc
    I am interested in meeting up with with other like minded people and based in Milton Keynes if anyone is setting anything please let me know. My vehicle is a 93 c15d having downsized from a vw t25 autosleeper

Hi Tony and welcome to this forum There are quite a few solo campers in the SMH&F and I'm sure they'll be along shortly. I am technically a solo camper but tend to go away with a couple of friends who have Roma Homes and, of course, my soppy labrador, Bracken. My van is a 20 yr. old Talbot Express and I love it!!!

You'll find everyone very friendly here and between them there is a wealth of knowledge about all makes of vans, sites to visit and much more. So you're definitely in the right place!!

Hope to meet you at one of the many gatherings next year.

Di.

Comment

Hi Tony,

welcome to the forum ..
      if you keep an eye on the fancy meeting up thread you can then choose where you would like to go and meet a few of the friendly faces from here
      I make occasional visits to reality, but I'm not a full time resident
      http://minimouseandmilos.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi Tony welcome to the forum from another lone camper, you certainly will meet up with plenty nice folk on here, look forward to meeting you in some field. :so happy:
        Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
        'Live without regrets'

Comment

Solo camper

Hi again to all and thanks for your replies.i will keep an eye on the forums and hope to Meet new friends etc. im already about to pester Ant. Lol! Thanks to all tony

Comment

Solo camper

Hi Tony,
            I'm a solo camper - in the better weather. My little R10 is hibernating in the garage. I think most members are further south than Newcastle so I'll be looking further afield for meets. Unfortunately I'm in the age bracket that will be retiring on their zimmer frames!:

Comment

I'm another solo camper, camping in a partially-adapted Renault Kangoo panel van, travelling throughout the UK mainland.

Comment

Hi. Welcome to the forum.

I'm perfectly happy when camping as a solo, but do allow the other half to tag along occasionally

It can be quite liberating to travel independently, eating / resting / travelling just as the whim takes you. Haven't felt lonely yet, rather have enjoyed the solitude. can be positively refreshing and relaxing.

Enjoy your travels - am sure you'll make some good new solo traveller (and other) friends on this forum.
                Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Hi Tony,
                  I also camp solo,all year round.There are a lot of us here,you are definately in the right place!
                  Welcome to the family.
                  Ian
                  Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill S View Post
                    Hi Tony,
                    I'm a solo camper - in the better weather. My little R10 is hibernating in the garage. I think most members are further south than Newcastle so I'll be looking further afield for meets. Unfortunately I'm in the age bracket that will be retiring on their zimmer frames!:
                    -------------------
                    On the other hand, how about some of us northerners meeting up in, say, Yorkshire, Northumberland or maybe the Lake district - maybe your R10 could come out and play then? Was thinking Jan - March, somewhere pretty with EHU.
                    Carpe diem! :)

Comment

I'm not a solo camper but I used to be a solo sailor. So I know the solo feeling - it's pretty awe inspiring when leaving the piers behind and beholding the wide open sea!

Mention of Newcastle and the North generally in the posts above interests Eileen and me immediately. If yous arrange a meet in the Region, can we come? If it's at Annfield Plain, we two could sit back to back on the artwork chair above the old Lime Kilns on the C2C cycleway there, and pretend to be two solos, which we do when we stop there with our bikes (C2C and otherwise).

I'll be starting another thread entitled "Doblo7 - licensed to frill" soon. This may prove to be another attempt to get myself rusticated from this Forum. So be warned.

Paul (South Tyneside).
                      Seek to make a virtue of necessity.

Comment

welcome from
                        yet another solo

Comment

Hi Tony i am a solo camper, love it, i am in N Wales, and i am the proud owner of BUZZ.

Comment

Hi Tony, I'm yet another solo camper with a C15.

Comment

I too am a solo camper Tony. Though dictated by circumstance and not by choice. There must be MANY others like me.
                              It is better to be solo and mobile than solo at home
                              Jim.
                              Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X