No announcement yet.

Paying for two when there's just one of you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always book online - you just change the number of adults to one.

Comment

For some reason it wouldn't change to 1. I wonder if it was because I was using their Quick booking page. I think they have altered the website a bit recently.

Comment

I noticed when I booked that you have to be either an adult or an age concession in other words I tried to put one adult with age concession and it said there were 2 of us.
        Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

Surely the fairest option for pricing pitches would be the size of pitch required.
          Why should 1/2 people in a "smallmotorhome" pay the same as 1/2 staying in a 6 berth monster. Besides the extra space to park look at the wear and tear such heavy vehicles cause.

Comment

What baffles us are the pitch markers on grass sites, the site manager tells you to put your unit so the marker is in the middle of it! we have had occasions where we have a caravan outfit either side of us, the marker is in the middle of the caravan, the awning is one side and the towcar is the other side, we are left without enough room to put the windout awning out on our campervan! the only explanation we have been given is that caravans need more room!
            derek b and Babs

Comment

That sounds like fire risk to me.

Comment

Booking Caravan and Camping sites online

Originally posted by Robin View Post
                I noticed when I booked that you have to be either an adult or an age concession in other words I tried to put one adult with age concession and it said there were 2 of us.
                As a member of The New Companions (for solo campers) I receive their Chronicle magazine. The latest copy shows that other members have had trouble booking for one person on the C and C Club sites when booking online. The chairman of the NC has given me permission to quote the instructions he has been given after spending a lot of time on the phone to head office.

"After you have logged in click on Members Area (assuming you are a member). Then click on "Quick book". When you get on to the page asking for how many people - if you are booking for Low or Mid season just enter 1 in Age concession box only. Do not put anything in Adults box. HOWEVER, if you are booking in High Season - enter 1 in Adult box only; nothing in Age Concession as there is no reduction in High Season. This way you are able to book for a single person and are charged at the correct rate"

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebell View Post
                  As a member of The New Companions (for solo campers) I receive their Chronicle magazine. The latest copy shows that other members have had trouble booking for one person on the C and C Club sites when booking online. The chairman of the NC has given me permission to quote the instructions he has been given after spending a lot of time on the phone to head office.

"After you have logged in click on Members Area (assuming you are a member). Then click on "Quick book". When you get on to the page asking for how many people - if you are booking for Low or Mid season just enter 1 in Age concession box only. Do not put anything in Adults box. HOWEVER, if you are booking in High Season - enter 1 in Adult box only; nothing in Age Concession as there is no reduction in High Season. This way you are able to book for a single person and are charged at the correct rate"
                  Useful tip Bluebell. Thanks for posting it.
                  Jim.
                  Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

CC charge per unit and then per person on top. So that's fair apart from the fact I rarely use them as wilding is free. Then you don't get charged for anyone, or at the very worst charged for a car parking space

Comment

Originally posted by Firefox View Post
                      CC charge per unit and then per person on top. So that's fair apart from the fact I rarely use them as wilding is free. Then you don't get charged for anyone, or at the very worst charged for a car parking space
                      Be careful!
                      You are shooting down the people who say camping on the cheap is not an issue with "wilding"
                      Jim.

Comment

As a single person camping I can understand that for a campsite that they are trying to maximise income, it is a business. But as a single person it does feel hard having to subsidise the cost of a couple.

It is a matter of business, my experiance is that I politely refuse to pay £20 odd pounds to pitch my R20 and explain it is too expensive for me as there is only one of me often the price becomes more affordable, as they have empty spaces it is better to fill them than leave them empty.. So it is worth definitely asking the question. At one of the motorhome shows I discussed this with a campsite owner who was advertising his campsite said if I rang they would reduced the price so worth asking the question. To be fair we do still take up a pitch even though we do not use other resources as much.

Comment

I have twice asked (and been granted) a concession on my awning, when I have explained that, as my caravan and awning together take up less space than a large caravan or MH, paying for an awning on top was a tad expensive! I also explained that as the 'van is so small, the awning is a necessity, not an option. One lady waived the fee on the awning altogether, after she had been to see, which was very nice of her. You don't get if you don't ask!

Two identical sites just down the road from each other in Kintyre. One has a charge per person, a charge for caravan, a charge for EHU, a charge for awnings, a charge for dogs. The one further down the road has a charge for a pitch with EHU (for two ppl) but no charge for dogs and awnings! So I booked the second site as it was £6.00 cheaper per night. The first site would have been cheaper if I had no mate going with me, no dog, no awing and no EHU. It's all swings and roundabouts with private sites!

Nice on the C&CC sites, no charge for awnings or dogs and just pay for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by peterfowden View Post
                            Surely the fairest option for pricing pitches would be the size of pitch required.
                            Why should 1/2 people in a "smallmotorhome" pay the same as 1/2 staying in a 6 berth monster. Besides the extra space to park look at the wear and tear such heavy vehicles cause.
                            I find this too. I went to the lakes last year, I parked my romahome up by the lake & I was almost on my own. The next morning a 6 berth camper pulled up next to me. I could have fitted my van in the cab if theirs. Out the back came everything but the kitchen sink. I think it was unfair that they paid the same as I did. But what can we do? This is what the sites charge!!!!

Comment

Coo, just think!
                              I am always on my own and my little Romini takes up less room than almost anything else except an perhaps an all-weather sleeping bag.
                              Perhaps I am overpaying every time!
                              Jim.

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
                                Coo, just think!
                                I am always on my own and my little Romini takes up less room than almost anything else except an perhaps an all-weather sleeping bag.
                                Perhaps I am overpaying every time!
                                Jim.
                                Herbert and a Romini would both fit on one standard caravan pitch, perhaps sharing pitches is the way forward!
                                Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment