• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caz View Post
    I like that idea!
    good idea and one I will certainly be using next year

Comment

Originally posted by peterfowden View Post
      Surely the fairest option for pricing pitches would be the size of pitch required.
      Why should 1/2 people in a "smallmotorhome" pay the same as 1/2 staying in a 6 berth monster. Besides the extra space to park look at the wear and tear such heavy vehicles cause.
      Although the size of the unit is a factor, I think that the number of people is a bigger factor, as in use of club facilities, particularly toilets and showers.
      More people equals more hot water, toilet paper etc, etc.

Comment

caravan club sites

just come across this thread and noticed it's 2 years since I posted, so in all that time I have been away quite often to Caravan club sites ,upon arrival will be asked if I have been B4 unless they recognise me if I go there a lot ,book me in and leave it to me to drive round to find my pitch ,I then go back and give them the number so they can give me a barrier key to get back in If I go out ,the rule of parking next to the peg is for fire safety has there has to be a given amount between each Caravan ,I recently got into a heated debate on their forum about solo travellers getting a membership discount and as you can imagine I got well and truly slated by members for daring to say I would like a discount ,

Comment

I can't see anything wrong with asking for a discount for single-occupancy.

At worst, it can be refused and you can move on or, the more flexible and enterprising may offer a discount and retain your custom.

If you were in a B&B paying a room rate for a double-room with single occupancy, I can't imagine two breakfasts being served in the morning.

Comment

What makes me mad about B&B and hotel holidays is that some places actually charge you MORE because you are on your own! (Single room supplement) Flippin' cheek. Guess why I like caravanning!

Cynthia.

Comment

solo holidays

that's why I got myself a camper cos of the cost of holidays when you are single is a joke ,a cottage is no good either as the cost is for a family .however my camper was off the road 12 months ago and I booked B&Bs that have single rooms one place I went put me in a double room as I have 2 dogs and they thought their single room wasn;t big enough no extra charge so win win

Comment

Originally posted by groovycleaner View Post
                that's why I got myself a camper cos of the cost of holidays when you are single is a joke ,a cottage is no good either as the cost is for a family .however my camper was off the road 12 months ago and I booked B&Bs that have single rooms one place I went put me in a double room as I have 2 dogs and they thought their single room wasn;t big enough no extra charge so win win
                Yes, you can get lucky sometimes! When I went to Norfolk earlier this year I booked into a B&B through booking.com, but there was some confusion about whether I could take the dog. I rang the hotel to clarify things and the proprietor said 'If you cancel your booking with booking.com I will upgrade your room, you can bring the dog and I won't get charged commission - win win!' Brilliant!
                Cynthia.

Comment

I used booking.com ,but you have to watch them sometimes you get a free cancellation and other times you don't but that's where I found single rooms and places that allow dogs ,not been away since new years eve In B&B s ,I booked a place and not get free cancellation so still had to go ,but as my camper was back on the road added a night on at a caravan club site as I was going to Bridlington

Comment