As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone had any experience with lonersgroup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone had any experience with lonersgroup?

Anyone come across Lonersgroup before? They're mentioned in this month's MMM, and they seem pretty active.

Hello JimD,

I haven't heard about them, but to be honest, I'm not keen on the name they've given themselves !

I think I will stick with SMH & my widow/ers group, (who have Meets happening somewhere every month)

Marion.

Comment

Must admit I've never heard of them! Although they seem well established. Think I agree with Marion about the name.

I've tended to avoid singles groups as I like to have couples and families as well as solo campers around me, it's more like real life!

Comment

i am in the New Companions group,which has meets for people who camp solo.
        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hi Ian, Where do I find the phone no. / contact details for New Companions ?

M x

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
            Anyone come across Lonersgroup before? They're mentioned in this month's MMM, and they seem pretty active.
            Not really relevant but they could do with a better website.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

lonersgroup

I would agree Graham. I do not think this is a group for me!

Lizzie

Comment

Originally posted by Marion View Post
                Hi Ian, Where do I find the phone no. / contact details for New Companions ?

M x
                my laptop is dead,as soon as I am online again with a new lappy I will send you the details.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                  Not really relevant but they could do with a better website.
                  Agreed, it looks as though their online presence is fairly new, maybe the webmaster is still learning the ropes.

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
                    Hi Jim,

Whilst staying at Devizes last year, I happened to meet a group that I think were the "Phoenix Camping Club", not the Loners but also designed for solo campers. They were very friendly, seemed to have organized activities that you were welcome, but not compelled, to join in with.

I didn't join them as prefer more freedom to do my own thing but if you are looking for this type of group they may be worth further investigation. Others on the forum may know more.

Theresa

Comment

Originally posted by Caz View Post
                      Agreed, it looks as though their online presence is fairly new, maybe the webmaster is still learning the ropes.
                      Yes, I'm sure you are right, we all have to start somewhere as Pauline and I know from building this site.

They look like a friendly bunch and website shouldn't put anyone off joining them if they want to, although if I was a single camper I would resent having to pay a yearly subscription when other organisations are free of charge.
                      Graham
                      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                        Yes, I'm sure you are right, we all have to start somewhere as Pauline and I know from building this site.

They look like a friendly bunch and website shouldn't put anyone off joining them if they want to, although if I was a single camper I would resent having to pay a yearly subscription when other organizations are free of charge.
                        the yearly fee covers the monthly Diary which is sent to each member each month giving details of all meets and tours and rallys,throughout the year.
                        They prefer this "private" way of doing things to an open forum,this may change if they get webmasters as good as G&P and the family of Moderators.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                          this may change if they get webmasters as good as G&P and the family of Moderators.
                          Flattery will get you everywhere.
                          Graham

Comment

Loners not for me

Horses for courses I guess... The idea of joining a 'loners' group makes me cringe. But then, I am a bit of an introvert! I have now been campervanning solo for just over a year, and travelled about 5000 miles so far. I tend to go to CC and CCC sites if I can, and find other 'vanners a pretty friendly crowd. I've met some really interesting people en route.

People say "Aren't you brave to go alone?", but that isn't at all how it feels. The bravery I think is about sorting out all the van snags and dealing with people who are keen to sell you vans, alarms and equipment, but cold shoulder you when their stuff goes wrong! Doing that on your own does take courage!!

I have a stack of van-related stuff to sell, but don't want to open a Paypal account; any ideas? Do shift this elsewhere if it's in the wrong place Graham!

Happy travelling

TG

Comment

Originally posted by TG View Post
                              People say "Aren't you brave ....

I have a stack of van-related stuff to sell, but don't want to open a Paypal account; any ideas? Do shift this elsewhere if it's in the wrong place Graham!

Happy travelling

TG
                              I hear that a lot, and I tow a diddy caravan!

Sell your stuff on here through the 'for sale' bit for a small donation, also there's preloved. And even local ads in a free nespaper or the local newsagents. You only need paypal for ebay.

As for belonging to a 'loner's club' - I really don't need to join a club to be one, do I?!! I am often 'alone' but I'm rarely 'lonely'.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X