Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police Protection

Originally posted by Graham View Post
    I feel a bit sorry for this section of the forum it hasn't had any posts since we moved to the new forum, yet I know we have quite a few lone campers on here.

So come on has anyone got anything to say about solo camping, any tips you can pass on, we want to hear from you.
    I like rough camping and always feel safe. The only time I felt threatened I was on a good site. On the way home from my latest trip away I had police protection. I pulled into a forest picnic area, stopped and spoke to the lads next to me. One of them in the car was expressing his annoyance as he had to get out of his pals van to have a smoke. Just then a patrol car pulled in. One of the lads asked what was wrong and the officer said the white van had raised there suspicions. They said there had been quite a few thefts of machinery from farms in the area. I quickly pointed out that I wasn't with them and moved back a bit. Another jam sandwich arrived and they opened the back of the van. By this time I had retired to the Romini and closed the front curtains. Two more patrol cars arrived, I was surrounded and me with just legal tyres on the back of the car. At least one lad was taken away in handcuffs and the police started photographing whatever was in the van. When I eventually ventured out I asked if I was going to be safe when they released them and they came back for the van in the middle of the night. I didn't need to worry as a recovery truck came and struggled to get their overloaded van onto the back. It ended up towing the van away leaving me to spend the rest of the night in peace. I remember when I pulled into the picnic area that it was a bit soon to stop and it could be a long evening. How wrong can you be!.

That sounds entertaining but a bit scary too.

I think I would have left the curtains open and sat back with a cuppa and watched the drama unfold, better than watching the telly.

Welcome to the forum by the way I make it we have at least 4 Romini owners on here now.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

too scary for me. I would have moved on.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat534 View Post
        too scary for me. I would have moved on.
        Me too!

Comment

I'm with Graham on this - sit back and watch.

Comment

Sorry, I'm dead nosey, would have to have stayed and watched!!

Comment

Don't think I would have fancied parking in a forest picnic area on my own but I'd have found it interesting to watch.

Comment

Hi Goro and a belated welcome to the forum

I reckon we were camped behind you and your Romini at the Roma rally in May. Am I right?

Annie van - Mary and Paul
                :sunshine:

Comment

police protection

Originally posted by Goro View Post
                  I like rough camping and always feel safe. The only time I felt threatened I was on a good site. On the way home from my latest trip away I had police protection. I pulled into a forest picnic area, stopped and spoke to the lads next to me. One of them in the car was expressing his annoyance as he had to get out of his pals van to have a smoke. Just then a patrol car pulled in. One of the lads asked what was wrong and the officer said the white van had raised there suspicions. They said there had been quite a few thefts of machinery from farms in the area. I quickly pointed out that I wasn't with them and moved back a bit. Another jam sandwich arrived and they opened the back of the van. By this time I had retired to the Romini and closed the front curtains. Two more patrol cars arrived, I was surrounded and me with just legal tyres on the back of the car. At least one lad was taken away in handcuffs and the police started photographing whatever was in the van. When I eventually ventured out I asked if I was going to be safe when they released them and they came back for the van in the middle of the night. I didn't need to worry as a recovery truck came and struggled to get their overloaded van onto the back. It ended up towing the van away leaving me to spend the rest of the night in peace. I remember when I pulled into the picnic area that it was a bit soon to stop and it could be a long evening. How wrong can you be!.
                  Hi. Just thought I'd say hello to a fellow Northumbrian.

Pam

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X