This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to basics....

Having just had a look on the 'Fancy Meeting Up?' thread to check whether I'd been added to the list of attendees for the 10th Anniversary Rally, I noticed that in nice prominent royal blue lettering, I was listed as a 'Tent Camper'!

Well, they say what goes around comes around: I started out under canvas (oh alright then, nylon, - don't tell anyone) graduated to very old, very small but very cute home-made 3 berth caravan and have had a couple of other units since, but now back on solid ground with nothing between me and the elements but a thin layer of fabric. I'm not a snob - just a bit of a wuz! I am also considerably older than I was when I last slept in a tent, and I must say the idea doesn't have quite the same appeal in my 60's as it did in my 40's! And, being a vegetarian, I didn't even get the chance to make a wish whilst pulling on the breast bone of a very dead chicken, or I might have tried to magic up a nice little motorhome or a small caravan. Ah! For the joy of being back in a mobile box, and to be able to post as a 'Tin Tugger'!

I had the idea a while back of turning my Skoda estate into a microcamper, but have gone off that idea. I shall soon be helping my daughter out with the school run, so I need two passenger seats free most of the time, oh, and somewhere for a (very muddy at this time of year) Bearded Collie to sit. Still, while I wait for my impending house move to reach completion it's very interesting to follow the threads on this site, to see what everyone else gets up to!

Happy New Year to everyone, and happy camping/caravanning/motorhoming!

Originally posted by CyberCynth View Post
    Having just had a look on the 'Fancy Meeting Up?' thread to check whether I'd been added to the list of attendees for the 10th Anniversary Rally, I noticed that in nice prominent royal blue lettering, I was listed as a 'Tent Camper'!

Well, they say what goes around comes around: I started out under canvas (oh alright then, nylon, - don't tell anyone) graduated to very old, very small but very cute home-made 3 berth caravan and have had a couple of other units since, but now back on solid ground with nothing between me and the elements but a thin layer of fabric. I'm not a snob - just a bit of a wuz! I am also considerably older than I was when I last slept in a tent, and I must say the idea doesn't have quite the same appeal in my 60's as it did in my 40's! And, being a vegetarian, I didn't even get the chance to make a wish whilst pulling on the breast bone of a very dead chicken, or I might have tried to magic up a nice little motorhome or a small caravan. Ah! For the joy of being back in a mobile box, and to be able to post as a 'Tin Tugger'!

I had the idea a while back of turning my Skoda estate into a microcamper, but have gone off that idea. I shall soon be helping my daughter out with the school run, so I need two passenger seats free most of the time, oh, and somewhere for a (very muddy at this time of year) Bearded Collie to sit. Still, while I wait for my impending house move to reach completion it's very interesting to follow the threads on this site, to see what everyone else gets up to!

Happy New Year to everyone, and happy camping/caravanning/motorhoming!
    I posted you as a tent camper as a reminder to myself when notifying the site that a tent pitch may be needed.For obvious reasons Tents are not interspersed with the Motorhomes.I assume you dont want to be run over! If you get a motor home or caravan let me know and I will alter the listing!

Ian - Rally Marshall.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian.C.S View Post
      Tents are not interspersed with the Motorhomes.
      Ian - Rally Marshall.
      That would be a blow for me, as I always put up my 1.5m square utility tent alongside the van.

No tent - no organ..... no organ - no music.
      Cheers B
      A barrel organs life is one long grind?

Comment

I have run a couple of big meets at Lickhill, and attended many more there. We've had tents, trailer tents, caravans and motorhomes/campervans of all shapes and sizes all pitched together. The electric pitches are spacious and on one side of the field, the non electric is on the other side of the field.

There won't be any danger of anyone driving over a tent - unless we have idiots in our midst?

Comment

Squished Campers!? - I hope not!

Originally posted by Caz View Post
          I have run a couple of big meets at Lickhill, and attended many more there. We've had tents, trailer tents, caravans and motorhomes/campervans of all shapes and sizes all pitched together. The electric pitches are spacious and on one side of the field, the non electric is on the other side of the field.

There won't be any danger of anyone driving over a tent - unless we have idiots in our midst?
          I don't mind where I'm parked, or with whom, but I have bagged a pitched with EHU so that even if I am still under canvas come June, I can use my RCD hook-up lead. However, to completely avoid squishings or soakings (is it EVER going to stop raining???) I'm determined to try to get something more substantial to camp in by then.

Comment