Mehler Camping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mehler Camping?

Does anyone know anything about a (I think German) firm called Mehler Camping?

We picked up a proper canvas frame tent locally last week, purely because it was very very cheap and we can't resist a bit of canvas but the seller didn't know what it was. I've had a scadge at it today and found a label which says Mehler Camping.

Found this as on a German website https://m.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-an...3#&gid=1&pid=1

Which appears to be the same tent as ours but haven't been able to find any other details
    Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

You might need Google to translate from the German

https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mehler_(Unternehmen)

they started in the late 18hundreds, first with canvas, and then technical fabrics, in 1915 also woven fabrics for car tyres, then waterproof tarps, coats, tents and so on..

In 2000 they got together with a company called Stromeyer ....yours must be pre 1990..

https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stromeyer_(Unternehmen) , they did the fabrics over the Olympic Stadium in Munich...plus big circus tents and the like...

http://www.stromeyer-planen.de

big_27578540_0_253-358.jpg
    Last edited by NiedrigerIQ; 10-02-2018, 15:44.

Comment

Thanks for that, very interesting. Are they a well known tent brand on the continent? It is a lovely looking tent and in great condition but we won't have a lot of use for it

Comment

Never heard of them, knew about Stromeyer.....a friend of ours had a small theatre company and their circus tent was from them...

Comment

http://www.wirtschaftswundermuseum.d...r-jahre-1.html

Comment

It does say Stromeyer on the label as well. It's a nice thing anyway, someone will want it

Comment

IMG_20190425_175850.jpg Funny how things change, reading back this old thread reminded me that we had no intention of keeping this little blue and yellow tent, buying it only to sell on but it found its way into our hearts and we used it extensively in 2018 and 2019.

With the kids getting bigger and the new puppy addition we upgraded to a bigger Marechal tent, not that we have had chance to use it thanks to Covid, so had planned to sell the little Mehler but once again, we just can't bring ourselves to part with it. It's not big enough for family camps now but we have come up with a new plan to maintain its usefulness. I am going to fit a cowl for a stove pipe in the roof so we can add a log burner and transform it into a luxury 2 berth for Vicki and I. Provided we can offload the kids a few times a year to sleepovers/cubs/grandparents it should see some use that way. It also has potential as a drive-away awning alongside the Steppy as the sun canopy is a good height match to the side door.

Comment

Crumbs Rob B, you get through more tents than I get through motohomes! Steady on lad
                Nil desperandum. In loco parenthesis: My old man's in inverted commas.

Comment

Very smart little tent Rob B , I do hope you're able to get some use out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by gasgas View Post
                    Crumbs Rob B, you get through more tents than I get through motohomes! Steady on lad
                    This is the one we've had for a while. You saw it at Smeaton Lakes last year

Comment

Oh I thought you said you had just bought it.
                      Nil desperandum. In loco parenthesis: My old man's in inverted commas.

Comment

Originally posted by gasgas View Post
                        Oh I thought you said you had just bought it.
                        It's an old thread, I was just updating. We bought this tent in early 2018 with the intention of selling it on that summer but fell in love with it and kept it. Used it extensively in 2018 and 2019 and would have again this year we're it not for Covid. This year though we realised that with the kids having grown and the puppy joining us that it would be too small which is why we bought the 6 berth Marechal tent.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X