As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New section

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New section

This section has been added by special request, we want to welcome all forms of camping units so if you have any friends who are tent owners and would like to chat tell them about us.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Do notes about toilet tents, storage tents, stand-alone awnings, etc go in here? or just residential?

Comment

Hi Jim

I suppose it's a bit of a grey area but best to keep this section for tents and camping under canvas. Stand alone awnings could go in accessories section but don't worry too much lots of posts could go in several sections, they sometimes get moved to a suitable section to give them maximum exposure and to help people looking for a specific theme.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

maximum exposure in a tent is caused by dressing with the light behind you

so many new types of tent now,some are vast. So different from my camping days in the 1960`s. I began in the late 50`s with a tiny "cub" tent,wooden poles no groundsheet,no flysheet.
        I loved it.
        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

I loved my camping days, years ago.

When the kids were little we had a tent and airbeds for them and went all over the place camping for weeks.... happy days.

I had a tent to go camping for years after the kids grew up. I gave it away approx 5 years ago when I finally admitted that I could no longer do the stooping, crawling and other complicated body manoevers that small tents come with. And bought a demountable Romahome. That still involved stooping, so now I have a Kip caravan with a pop top roof which has canvas sides! So half tent, half caravan!

I honestly believe there is nothing like sleeping under canvas.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
            I began in the late 50`s with a tiny "cub" tent,wooden poles no groundsheet,no flysheet.
            I loved it.
            My first "own" tent was like that, I think it was my 8th birthday pressie so would have been in 1961. It was supposed to fit two adults - don't know how!

Comment

Hi

Years ago when our two boys were small we did a lot of camping.

I well remember the first time that we realised that we had put them in the tent safely, whilst we unpacked the car, only to discover that they had crawled out the back of the tent under the flaps !!!

When we get together and reminisce over our family holidays, they both say that the camping holidays were some of the best.

A few years ago, Keith and I went to St Ives on our motorbike and took a small
              2 man tent. It was a fun experience and is something we remember fondly.

Gail

Comment

I didnt know you were "Bikers" ! Derek still has his Kawasaki but I can no longer go pillion, my joints wont allow it. Really do miss it in the summer.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X