This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My "temporary "set up

Another new section to post on.........cheers Graham!!

Well after selling my much loved Bongo last year and still suffering from "camping pangs" I decided to get sorted out with a tent as a short term fix.I had never bought a tent before so I was a bit in the dark with the subject.I only had a few requirements with one.....easy to erect.......big enough for two.....and looks nice.Oh and I wanted something a bit different....if there is such a thing with a tent.I ended up with a Coleman McKenzie Cabin 4.Having bought it a bit blind I think I did quite well,its been out 3 times do far this year and I must say I am delighted with it.being a "soft" camper I also bought the footprint groundsheet (for protection underneath) and the carpet for inside,Im pretty well made up with how its worked out so much so I have suspended my plans for a new van till next year now.....Im quite enjoying living under canvas and even better my Mrs is enjoying it as well,never thought Id hear that!!
    Main problem I have is fitting all the kit and caboodle that goes with it into the boot of a Jag,it does fit but every inch is precision packed!!:so happy:

anyway a few piccies

Nice one Dave, glad to see you are still camping. Your tent looks good, they have certainly come on since the last time we had a tent. Nice to hear Mrs. Dabs is enjoying it too.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Lovely set up, Dabs!

I was originally a tenter, but you couldn't stand up in mine (except right in the middle) and that was hard work with the back probs. In the end I gave it away to my son. Still miss sleeping under canvas though, there's something about breathing fresh air all night that makes you feel wonderful!

(and my tent and stuff all fitted into a little ford fiesta! LOL)

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
        Lovely set up, Dabs!

I was originally a tenter, but you couldn't stand up in mine (except right in the middle) and that was hard work with the back probs. In the end I gave it away to my son. Still miss sleeping under canvas though, there's something about breathing fresh air all night that makes you feel wonderful!

(and my tent and stuff all fitted into a little ford fiesta! LOL)
        Hi JayJay yes the height was another consideration and I must say I have plenty of headroom in the tent so far its been brilliant.........Id still like a new van though

Dabs

Comment

Hi SMF peeps
          Just checking in as I do whenever I can,been a bit too busy for camping lately with work etc and the other things that get in your way,anyway just checking in to make sure I haven't missed anything.

The tent is due for an outing soon and will be paying a visit to The Big Bongo Bash in Stourport to catch up with my freinds from there! Even though I no longer have a Bongo I still attend meets when I can Looking forward to that one,great to read of everyone exploits etc on here.Hope to put in another appearance at a SMF meet at some stage to see some of you again.

enjoy your camping

see ya soon
          Dabs

Comment

There is nothing, nothing that beats waking up in a tent..... Looks great enjoy every moment

Comment

Originally posted by Tentpeg View Post
              There is nothing, nothing that beats waking up in a tent..... Looks great enjoy every moment
              That's probably because you managed to get to sleep in the first place.
              Jim.
              Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Nice to see you on here again Dabs, you have been missed.

Enjoy your Bongo bash and we look forward to seeing you at a future small motorhome meet, our Spring Meet must be getting near to the sort of numbers you get at Bongo meets, you'll have to give Ian some tips as our meet organiser he will probably be looking for a larger venue next year.
                Graham
                Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X