Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabanon Picnique

Just another tent for the collection

IMG_20190310_173755.jpgIMG_20190310_173809.jpgIMG_20190310_173629.jpgIMG_20190310_173647.jpg

Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

That's only half a tent!
    Seriously now - Are you going to use it as an annex to your main tent, Rob? I've seen these in use as camp kitchens. I wish they had been around during my camping days!

Comment

Multiple possible uses!

Come on, folks, let's make lots of useful suggestions for the room with a view!

1. jayjay - kitchen area

2. When the chidren are a little older, you could stand under this when watching the play in footballmatches, or similar, which are traditionally played in the rain.

3. Turn it towards the wall and create a 'me space' to relax in.
      Last edited by NomadSue; 02-04-2019, 12:06.
      Carpe diem! :)

Comment

LOL good suggestions.

You are quite right jayjay it is only half a tent and as you surmise it will be used in conjunction with our frame tent. It will either be used off the rear door of the tent to house our dining table or off the front canopy as a camp kitchen. It packs away nice and small and is a lot lighter than our big Khyam utility tent but still gives us a substantial amount of additional space to make longer trips more comfortable.

It wasn’t expensive and it’s a nicely retro thing that sits well alongside the tent.

Comment

Ideal for the rear end of a small barn door van.
          Tony

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt View Post
            Ideal for the rear end of a small barn door van.
            It would be ideal for that yes

Comment

It looks easy to put up as well! Does it have a door opening at the back or just a window? It would be great at the back of my caravan against the back door, but you would need an exit door from there to the outside. It looks a darned site easier to put up than my drive away awnings!

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                It looks easy to put up as well! Does it have a door opening at the back or just a window? It would be great at the back of my caravan against the back door, but you would need an exit door from there to the outside. It looks a darned site easier to put up than my drive away awnings!
                It doesn't have a door Jay Jay, just a window with a drop down curtain across the back. I've also never seen another, this one is years and years old but I don't think it's seen much use.

There is a Cabanon Kitchen tent on eBay at the moment which is a more modern equivalent that can be fully enclosed but i think that still only has 1 door.

Like all small frame tents it's a doddle to pitch because you can build it at half height, then chuck the flysheet over before raising the legs to full height.

Comment

widgetinstance 226 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X