As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New tent - Sunncamp Ranch.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    99559a7e44ed438d46a55ec12ba4e7f7.jpg You'll have to keep an eye out for the optional front canopy now
    Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

    Comment


      #17
      Wow! That's brilliant! Lucky you! And lucky you having somewhere to set it up, too, without battling with the gale force winds. (Well that's what I've got over this side of the country anyway)

      By the way, looking at the photos in the first post of this thread, and the car parked next to your original Sunncamp, how on earth did you get what must have been a big tent bag, plus all your gear, in that little hatchback?!
      Cynthia

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Rob B View Post
        You'll have to keep an eye out for the optional front canopy now
        Ah ! Well done Rob,I thought I remembered a frame tent not unlike that but with a big porch,you have just solved the mental problem for me !
        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

        Comment


          #19
          You must be delighted with that Pandabloke it certainly was worth the trip to get it!
          I am not surprised that Rob B has designs on it! Enjoy your next trip away in whichever of your many choices you take​​​​​​​

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Rob B View Post
            That is a thing of beauty Pandabloke
            i am very jealous and I want first refusal on it should you ever decide to part with it.
            Absolutely Rob.

            And yes, definitely a thing of beauty.

            Panda
            https://www.youtube.com/user/pandabloke

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Rob B View Post
              99559a7e44ed438d46a55ec12ba4e7f7.jpg You'll have to keep an eye out for the optional front canopy now
              Yes indeed mate.

              I had always wondered why there were an array of pockets and sleeves at the top, where the tiny porch bit is. I see now it is where the canopy poles slide in to the frame.

              That is the only other decent picture of a Ranch on the internet, isn't it?

              Until I was leafing through myself a week or so ago, I never even knew they had a canopy as an option. However, now I know, I can do some measuring and keep an eye on what appears on eBay, or get a universal sun canopy of a similar size.

              I've never even seen another one, let alone one with a canopy.

              I did try and link to that thread on the other forum, but our forum software edited the address so it became unlinkable. Te wonders of technology!
              Panda
              Last edited by Pandabloke; 05-07-2020, 17:31.
              https://www.youtube.com/user/pandabloke

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by CyberCynth View Post
                Wow! That's brilliant! Lucky you! And lucky you having somewhere to set it up, too, without battling with the gale force winds. (Well that's what I've got over this side of the country anyway)

                By the way, looking at the photos in the first post of this thread, and the car parked next to your original Sunncamp, how on earth did you get what must have been a big tent bag, plus all your gear, in that little hatchback?!
                Cynthia
                We travelled light, Cynthia. And actually you'd be amazed what you get in the back of aa Fiat Panda with the rear seats folded down.

                All my poor girlfriends over the years have always been under strict instructions to bring just one holdall away for a weeks camping. And bless 'em, they all did.

                Panda
                https://www.youtube.com/user/pandabloke

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Clarina View Post
                  You must be delighted with that Pandabloke it certainly was worth the trip to get it!
                  I am not surprised that Rob B has designs on it! Enjoy your next trip away in whichever of your many choices you take
                  Hi Clarina.

                  I am taking the camper away from the 11th - 19th at Winchcombe. Then the camper and retro Harrison awning to my grass pitch at Ebury Hill from the 1st - 9th August. Then I'm going to have a weekend away somewhere reasonably local with the tent to give it a good shakedown, after that.

                  Panda ​​​​​​​
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/pandabloke

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Pandabloke judging purely by eye, I reckon an Obelink kitchen tent would be just the right size to make a canopy and if memory serves they have a door on both sides.
                    Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Rob B View Post
                      Pandabloke judging purely by eye, I reckon an Obelink kitchen tent would be just the right size to make a canopy and if memory serves they have a door on both sides.
                      I'll have a look Rob, thanks. I like Obelink stuff, just discovered them.

                      Also I'm wondering whether my tie-on Conway sun canopy might work.......

                      Panda
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/pandabloke

                      Comment


                        #26
                        My boss has just pointed out that the front of the tent and the entrance are about the same height as Hettie's rear door. Hmmmm, now there's an idea.....

                        Panda
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/pandabloke

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by Pandabloke View Post
                          My boss has just pointed out that the front of the tent and the entrance are about the same height as Hettie's rear door. Hmmmm, now there's an idea.....

                          Panda
                          Room for a socially distanced party with the Sunncamp as an awning!
                          Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Found some useful dimensions on the Sunncamp here http://pjcamping.tripod.com/ranch.htm

                            Panda
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/pandabloke

                            Comment


                              #29
                              And discovered some very useful Sunncamp Frame Tent general instructions here: https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/s...ctions_(1).pdf

                              Panda
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/pandabloke

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by Pandabloke View Post

                                ........Also I'm wondering whether my tie-on Conway sun canopy might work.......

                                Panda
                                Nope, too wide by a country mile.

                                However, my Easy Camp Canopy, recently purchased for Hettie, is mush closer in width. Once I'm back from Winchcombe, I'll have a play and see.

                                https://www.purelyoutdoors.co.uk/pro...mp-canopy.html

                                Panda
                                https://www.youtube.com/user/pandabloke

                                Comment

                                320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

                                Collapse

                                728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X