As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Château Mobile

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Château Mobile

I have always liked the Château Mobile trailer tent and there are a few on ebay at the moment so thought I would post up a couple of pics and some info. If I had the space for more trailers I think I would have a fleet of classic campers

The Château is a delightful Norwegian-made Trailer Tent (some might say folding camper as there is no pegging on the main unit) first introduced in the early sixties but remained in production right into the late seventies. Still quite popular, there are usually 2 or 3 for sale on ebay at any one time. Rare to see one out on site though, I think the owners must just like to look at them

Billed as a 4 birth it sleeps 2 in single beds in the fold out pods and a further 2 in a double bed between the 2 bunks. Most have an awning or canopy to increase the living space. It was unusual at the time for having solid walls and a solid door which allowed for proper opening glass windows. Not a unique feature as the similar Dandy Camper also had solid walls but to my mind the Château is a neater and more appealing unit than the Dandy - although the Dandy trumps it by having a fitted kitchen unit inside.

The Château folded up ready for towing.

This neat little video gives you a look around the trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOb9odrzWEo
    Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

I saw one of these at Oban C&CC site in 2008, a nice vintage camper with a lot of admirers.
    derek b and Babs

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
    Working...
    X