Galloway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galloway

call me mad but i’m quite keen on a 2 week winter break in the galloway national park (area),was thinking of either january or february living on the south coast we don’t get proper snow,looking to wild camp so if anyone has any ideas ?

I understand from friends who have toured in that area that there are many places you can pull up for the night. Can't guarantee snow though, even in january or february.

Comment

Originally posted by motorhomenewby View Post
      call me mad but i’m quite keen on a 2 week winter break in the galloway national park (area),was thinking of either january or february living on the south coast we don’t get proper snow,looking to wild camp so if anyone has any ideas ?
      I don't think snow and Galloway go together. I remember when I lived in Edinburgh we went camping there because my girlfriend at that time (a Fife lassie) assured me because of the Gulf Stream Galloway is positively sub-tropical as balmy as my native Cornwall. She was right in a couple of ways (1) It was not cold. (2) Like Cornwall there was a lot of drizzle.

I think to get snow you need at least to get as far north as Loch Lomond - no Camping permit required Nov Dec Jan or Feb.
      Major problem is massive roadworks alongside the Loch so many of the good camp areas on the West side of the Loch are closed off.
      Jon

Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori

Comment

Originally posted by motorhomenewby View Post
        Galloway is the south coast depending on your perspective, there may be snow often, on the Corbetts, but it is not the place for snow. Nonetheless it is dark a lot so good for star watching! No problem wild camping in my experience, nice quiet place it will be.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X