Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kent wild camping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Now, I’ve calmed down a bit, could I ask anyone who uses any of the wild camping spots I have mentioned here to be very respectful of the locals. If we use them respectfully, we can demonstrate that wild camping should be the norm, not have to be done surreptitiously. Europe have led the way, but it is no wonder people get irate with wild campers if we treat the places the way that Marc has suggested.

    Thanks folks, Panda
    These broken wings are gonna leave me here to stand my ground........

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Pandabloke View Post
      Now, I’ve calmed down a bit, could I ask anyone who uses any of the wild camping spots I have mentioned here to be very respectful of the locals. If we use them respectfully, we can demonstrate that wild camping should be the norm, not have to be done surreptitiously. Europe have led the way, but it is no wonder people get irate with wild campers if we treat the places the way that Marc has suggested.

      Thanks folks, Panda
      Well said Panda but as in most things it’s always the minority that spoil it for the majority I’m afraid.

      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

      Comment


        #18
        Exactly the same with dog owners isn't it.

        The plonkers who thing the dog poo angel is going to come along and clear up their little nappy bag full of their pride and joy's doings because they are too precious to do it for themselves.

        Comment


          #19
          Panda / Pauline - thanks for your understanding. I know the majority of campers are respectful to the locals (I also enjoy taking my family on tenting holidays), but we've had too many people abusing our small park ... so I scanned for our location and this thread was the first result in Google.

          Could I kindly request the name of our car park is also removed from my original post and Panda's reply? When I posted, I planned to return and remove the location from my comments, but it looks as if past posts cannot be edited.

          Again, thanks for your understanding,
          Marc

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by marcusadamski View Post
            Panda / Pauline - thanks for your understanding. I know the majority of campers are respectful to the locals (I also enjoy taking my family on tenting holidays), but we've had too many people abusing our small park ... so I scanned for our location and this thread was the first result in Google.

            Could I kindly request the name of our car park is also removed from my original post and Panda's reply? When I posted, I planned to return and remove the location from my comments, but it looks as if past posts cannot be edited.

            Again, thanks for your understanding,
            Marc
            I've done that Marc.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

            Comment


              #21
              No problem Marc. Job done by our excellent mods, I believe.

              Panda
              These broken wings are gonna leave me here to stand my ground........

              Comment


                #22
                I was reading something online yesterday about 'wild swimming', and how some previously popular sites for this activity had been completely ruined by wild campers leaving their rubbish all over the place. Why must people be so thoughtless??
                Cynthia.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by CyberCynth View Post
                  I was reading something online yesterday about 'wild swimming', and how some previously popular sites for this activity had been completely ruined by wild campers leaving their rubbish all over the place. Why must people be so thoughtless??
                  Cynthia.
                  It's probably the same people who STILL light BBQs in the tinder dry countryside. A friend is a countryside manager for the National Trust and he told me that almost every day at least one group will light a (usually) disposable BBQ in the midst of the dry grass. Idiots!!

                  Sorry for hijacking the OP btw

                  Comment


                    #24
                    If, like me, you're a respectful wilder who just needs somewhere to park for the night and who tend to arrive late, keep a low profile and depart early without leaving any trace, then don't forget that urban street parking can be very useful - there's plenty of it around :-)
                    Really no different to the millions of cars and vans that park overnight on our streets every night.
                    I try to earmark a selection of likely spots either on Google Earth or just when in my overnight vicinity, then spend my day doing whatever I do and only park up in my chosen overnight spot when I'm ready to turn in for the night.
                    My favourite spots are what I called "Flanking" - that very useful stretch of road that flanks the side boundary of a corner plot. Rarely in front of anyone's window or drop kerb and frequently with street lighting close by.
                    I appreciate not for everyone but if you're wandering with no idea where you'll end up at night it can be a useful solution.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Empyrean View Post

                      It's probably the same people who STILL light BBQs in the tinder dry countryside. A friend is a countryside manager for the National Trust and he told me that almost every day at least one group will light a (usually) disposable BBQ in the midst of the dry grass. Idiots!!

                      Sorry for hijacking the OP btw


                      I shouldn't worry on that score, it's always a good idea to keep the idea of cleanliness, tidiness and fire safety uppermost in the minds of campers. (And anyone else, come to that....) Which is why I sometimes highjack other peoples' threads by shouting from the rooftops: "Please pick up after your dog!" All the more important at the moment with more kids running around wild camps and camp sites.
                      Cynthia

                      Comment

                      320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

                      Collapse

                      728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X