Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stealth Camper advice

any sources of information please.
    Low budget camping for holidays in urban areas, without attracting any undue attention. Insurance & tax considerations would also be welcome. Favourite vehicle brands. People carrier or small van ? Any websites or books you would recommend.
    thanks,
    RD

I stealth camp in a partly-adapted Renault Kangoo panel van and have just returned from 2 weeks wilding in the Scottish Highlands...

Comment

Excuse my ignorance but what is "stealth camping"?
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
        its when the vehicle you use for camping, does not look like a camper & can be parked pretty much anyplace without attracting attention to itself....

Comment

- Very much so.

I'm now camping in a white Kangoo panel van with a few modifications and this is great for stealth camping. It just doesn't look like a camper and offers many opportunities for camping in areas I'd never get away with in a more conventional vehicle. In Scotland, I found people were coming to me for local advice and offering me parking money - with my dark green fleece and non-descript vehicle, they thought I was an 'official' working for Forest Enterprise or other bodies!

I parked in all sorts of places I probably shouldn't have - and nobody batted an eyelid or gave me a second glance. Brilliant - loved every moment of it and the new opportunities it offered!

Comment

It means Karen can get under your radar on your allotment and pinch your prize carrots for her blessed bunnies!
            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
              It means Karen can get under your radar on your allotment and pinch your prize carrots for her blessed bunnies!
              Bah! Foiled!

Comment

I try to stealth camp in the south of France here but It's my 18ft red kayak that draws so much attention.
                I went up a mont called mont st claire and I had more people checking out the romahome than the views.

wild camping is no real problem here and so far I have spent £00.00 on camping fees. I always paddle to the nudy town of cap d'agde and avoid the Euro 6 entry fee. If I wear my dark sun glasses no one can see me starkers so I guess that's stealth as well.

Comment

Not too sure that wearing dark sunglasses prevents people noticing that you're in the nuddy. I wouldn't recommend it down the High Street, even in liberal and liberated Brighton. And certainly don't venture into Kemp Town! Mind you, it's people being different that makes the world go round. So, on second thoughts, do your own thing, and good luck to you.
                  Graham

Comment

I hasten to add, my stealth camping doesn't extend to nuddy camping. I've worn some questionable attires but nuddy is a no-no and I wouldn't force that sight upon anyone!

Comment

Reminds me of one of our little ones, he thinks if he covers his face no one can see him.
                      Graham
                      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Reminds me of one of our little ones, he thinks if he covers his face no one can see him.
                        Are you telling me that doesn't work????
                        Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Wild Camping For Motorhomes

Have you considered joining the excellent 'Wild Camping For Motorhomes' Forum?

Details, here.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal View Post
                            Have you considered joining the excellent 'Wild Camping For Motorhomes' Forum?

Details, here.

Yes but please don't leave us.
                            Graham

Comment

Yes but please don't leave us.
                              Er'... I meant in addition to this lovely Forum!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X