Park4Night Android app

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Park4Night Android app

This is mentioned further down on an older thread, but thought I would give a quick review.

Features: Maps, positions, directions, reviews and photos of free/very cheap overnight parking spots with details of any facilities.

Cost: Can be free, but the additional features for £1.50/month are well worth it. The main one is that you can download the maps and data base onto your phone so that you wont need internet to use it.

Used it for a 4 day trip from Manchester to Cornwall and it does exactly what it says on the can. Many if the reviews are very recent and therefore accurate. Obviously you are also encouraged to add your own. Whether that be a review of an existing spot, or discovery of somewhere not presently listed.

First night in a beauty spot in The Mendips with spectacular views - Free. 2nd night in central Tintagel - £4. Third night in Minehead, virtually on the beach overlooking the sea - Free.

All were found using the app with no problems at all. It does look a little dated in terms of presentation, but don't let it put you off.

Highly recommend this.

Like the idea looks good, this is what I am hoping to do in the future (next year) Chesterfield to Cumbria-wales-Troon Cornwall 3 or 4 day trip there and back stopping at friends house while there, save driving on my own all the way and even getting a walk as well.

Comment

I hope you availed yourself of the GIANT cornish pasties in Tintagel kippax? Fabulous, absolutely fabulous. You can get the idea of how big they are from these pictures:
      http://www.pengennapasties.co.uk/

They wouldn't fit inside a RidgeMonkey, no way. They would just about fit inside your average campervan oven though. You stand in the shop in the queue and watch them making the pasties behind the counter.
      Oh dear now I have got to go and order some by post. Just when we are trying to lose weight.
      Do not worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will worry about itself.

Comment

Oh dear again. Minimum order of 12 pasties, plus £12.95 postage (overnight courier). Still, if you want say 15 of them it works out OK. You would need a big freezer.
        Do not worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will worry about itself.

Comment

Twas I who posted the earlier link to Park4Night The other one I use for free is www.wildcamping.moonfruit.com
          We found this very good in Scotland.
          Jon
          Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori
          https://smallromahome2oldies1largedo...logspot.co.uk/

Comment

Brilliant thanks, will use both.

Comment