Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Living In A Vauxhall Combo Micro Camper (For A Few Days)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apologies, yes misted is correct, the small diesel heaters use a glow plug, the larger domestic heaters ignite the continuous spray with sparks.
    The king knows all that they intend by interception which they dream not of.

Comment

An update on our travels in our Combo Camper. After the jaunt to Cumbria we decided to tip our toes into North Wales.
      Since our very first run out we've spent 17 nights in the van and covered nearly 2000 miles!
      The total cost of "sleeping out " at the moment amounts to zero pounds and zero pence!
      North Wales was amazing. We spent two nights under the watchful eye of Conway Castle where we watched the otters feeding in the estuary and basked in the most beautiful sunrises.

Comment

Then in the mountains.....

Comment

And finally on the Isle of Anglesey.....

Comment

Having returned from North Wales I made a couple of modifications to the van. I added all-terrain tyres to the front, a roof rack tray (for the inflatable kayak) and a steel skid plate for the underbelly of the engine to protect the sump/radiator/exhaust ect. In addition to this I also fitted a battery to battery charger, a tracker (got the information from the forum) and a Bluetooth battery monitor (again from the forum).

Next stop...... the Isle of Wight!!!!!

Comment

DANTAGE That skid plate sounds useful. How come we haven’t all got one?

Comment

Seems like a great investment to me (considering what I'm doing, intending to do, off the beaten track....). Had to purchase it from Romania via Amazon. Great bit of kit made from 2mm steel. Relatively inexpensive too at £100 including postage.
                Here's a link....

https://www.skid-plate.com/steel-skid-plate

Comment

I've just realised that I didn't show you guys any pics of our trip to the Lake District!

Ooops..

Here you are.....

Comment

I'm enjoying following your trips.

This is my sort of camping - discreet parking in a small vehicle causing no annoyance to anyone.

I've just returned from a month in the Scottish Highlands, albeit in a Romahome although have previously camped in a Kangoo panel van, at the same cost, ie zero along with free showers and water throughout my trip too.

Please keep sharing your travels and enjoy.

Comment

Thank you karenw, I love the fact that I have a small enough footprint and discreet enough appearance to be able to get away with almost blue murder! There's something deeply satisfying about free showers and free water too!
                      I'll keep posting my adventures.....

Comment

Loving your accounts of your travels and the photos, Dantage!

Comment

DANTAGE Thanks for info. re plate. Too late for me too acquire skills needed, I’m afraid.
                          Love the photos. Did you swap that old banger for a brand new van when we weren’t looking? Brilliant job! Pleased to see you have now time to enjoy the fruits of all that hard work.

Comment

Last week I decided to go back to the Isle of Wight. This trip, a round total of 700.02 miles was to meant to test both the limitations of the van (if any actually exist) and the limits of its occupants. The first (longish) stint at 8 days out we hoped for the best......Needless to say both van and peeps coped rather well.....have a look.....

Comment

Comment

Comment

widgetinstance 226 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X