The Kelpies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Kelpies

SWMBO want's to go next Wednesday in our Romahome Duo.

I believe you can overnight in the carpark for a fiver.

Anyone done it?

Is it quiet/safe?

Ta

sorry no not done it .I am told its a small car park with no facilities. Quiet / safe depends on the people there that night.i am also told the gates are locked 5pm and open 9 am. ..ring and ask !
    BuzznDave

Comment

Does this help?
      ​​​​​​
      http://www.thehelix.co.uk/plan-your-.../#.XWk8BpDTU0M
      Geoff

Comment

parked there last February nice and quiet and the gates are shut around ten ish til the morning

kyran

Comment

Ok, so we went and ..........................WOW!
          Absolutely fantastic. Well worth the drive over from Ayr. Wonderful sculpturing of the metal cladding that was so well done it made them look soft and made you want to stroke them..............IF you could reach!
          Only disappointment was finding that they are Sooooooooo close to the motorway. We had visions of walking up on a quiet serene night and watching them change colour but I'm afraid with so much racket coming from the motorway we decided to just view them in daylight and move on.
          There were about 8 or 9 motorhomes in the carpark (£5 for the night) so nighttime noise wont bother everyone but for us it's a big deal.
          Moved on to a wildcamping spot on a quiet lane in the hills overlooking Stirling castle and had a peaceful night there before the drive back to Ayr.

Comment

thanks for that its a place we want to visit
            BuzznDave

Comment