Wild camping AND wild life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild camping AND wild life?

I have strange events to report from my observation of foxes.

Vulpus Una is the latest: he came to this estate last Winter and barked once. This is irregular. I don't mean he barked only once (and asked for Flossie?): he barked at long intervals, but singly.

Vulpus Duo is per book - he and his friends used to run past me and often stop to look, when I camped next to their set in Hertfordshire. He barked twice which is what he was supposed to do, so he had obviously read the textbooks. He also screamed, which was creepy. Some authorities say it is the vixen that screams: all I can report is that the barks and screams came from more or less the same place. But that doesn't prove anything, of course. Vulpus Duo had a sleek reddish coat.

Vulpus Trio, Quarto and Quinto toured this Tyneside estate in successive years (not in that order) and they obviously hadn't read the book either. What is it about Tyneside foxes that makes them so perverse? They are also yellowish (and Una is positively scruffy) instead of reddish and sleek like their Hertfordshire brethren.

Paul.
    Seek to make a virtue of necessity.

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
Working...
X