Northwich

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northwich

We stayed overnight in a fabulous free car park just east of Northwich, Cheshire. It is flat and has about 200 parking places. It is near Asda but more importantly is right by a big country park with a river and the Trent and Mersey Canal. From the car park we went on a 2 hour walk along tree lined footpaths to the Anderton boat lift, a wondrous feat of engineering. We are on our way to Liverpool for the IOM ferry.
    ​​​​​.
    The trouble with a hotel is that it tends to stay in one place.

Andrew thank you for that it is relatively near my sister so I may use it in the future
    Jon
    Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori

Comment

The Anderton Boat lift is pretty amazing, isn't it? For years it was in a state of disrepair and sadly neglected. Then an army of volunteers got it all working again and it's now a local attraction.
      It's time to release your inner engineer and get to grips with all the numbers that go into making the Anderton Boat Lift our Cathedral of the canals.

Comment

Trouble is, it doesn't open until 09:30 and at 09:00 we both wanted the toilet! There were signs for toilets on all the route maps but they were only actually available in the visitor centre which wasn't open. Never mind, there were lots of trees which was OK for me. And her, but her wouldn't.
        The trouble with a hotel is that it tends to stay in one place.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X