The ultimate stealth camper?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ultimate stealth camper?!

Spotted today. I nearly fell off my bike when I saw it.

Apparently another cyclist actually did when he saw this coming down the lane. It was skimming hedges to both sides and nearly wholly camouflaged and it appeared the hedges were approaching and closing in on him.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by karenw; 01-11-2017, 12:59 AM.

How strange. Surely the glue needed to stick it on would damage the paintwork.
    ​​
    maybe it is going to be used for some kind of advertising for fake grass?

Comment

Now if they had covered it in live sedum green roof i would have been impressed, that however is just funny

Comment

DIFFERENT - not my scene - but I do recall during a discussion on wilding someone who didn't complained us wilders spoil the countryside by dotting beautiful scenery with white vans parked up in the wild. Dare I say it - yes I will - Surely no one would steal that van!
        Jon
        Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori

Comment

I think it's probably for a publicity stunt as well, or surely there would be some flowers amongst all that grass!

Comment

Fixing the insulation externally?.... Now I never thought of that ...

Comment

Love it, great idea....! Also like your thought Kangoo....

Wonder somehow how it will perform when dripping wet and temps get lower than 0° C......how much would an ice sheet of 1 to 2cm thickness on that surface weigh ...?

In my youth there has been a sprayable surface for walls which gave them a really thick velvety texture...a friend sprayed it on his old VW beetle, in dark blue, colors faded relatively quickly and it had then an almost faded jeans look in places like the roof and hood...lovely surface to touch it was....sh*g carpet on wheels...

Comment

...bit of a job polishing it?
                The trouble with a hotel is that it tends to stay in one place.

Comment

Originally posted by gasgas View Post
                  ...bit of a job polishing it?

You dont polish it you mow it.
                  Graham
                  Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

You can also help the forum by shopping online at Amazon using this link

Comment

http://www.royalgrass.com/wp-content...-grass-car.jpg

I do not polish but occasionally dust every single leaf of our tame indoor plants....

there are also camper van indoor uses for artificial gras... probably doubles insulation...

https://www.artificiallawn.co.uk/spr...ificial-grass/
                    Last edited by NiedrigerIQ; 01-11-2017, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline View Post
                      How strange. Surely the glue needed to stick it on would damage the paintwork.
                      ​​
                      maybe it is going to be used for some kind of advertising for fake grass?
                      The body was covered in polythene first and the fake grass is adhered to this. Close-up, the grass looks very realistic, even with brown bits. As for the weight, I wouldn't like to even guesstimate how much a few heavy showers would add but I'm told it drips for several hours afterwards and the additional weight affects its handling.

Re theft - it certainly stands out, except in hedged lanes, but is also fitted with a tracker as a precaution.

The interior is a standard 6-berth with no alterations.

Comment

Reminds me of the dog fur covered Beetle in that silly american comedy film that my kids used to watch over and over.

That fake grass weighs a ton. I bought a roll for covering geocaches, a nice young man carried it back to the car for me as I could barely lift it, and I bet it would take quite a few rolls to cover a 6 berth moho.

Comment

All in all it seems to be a rather good idea......

for an always stationary camper van...

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X