This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tandem for sale - NOW SOLD

Is this a first for the forum? I am selling my classic Claud Butler (1980-ish) Majestic Two. The frame is 22" front, 21" rear, Reynolds 531 tubing. It is a lightweight tourer with a triple chainset and 6 speed block, drag brake, good tyres, and new saddles. The price is £265.
    Attached Files

I live very near to St John Street Cycles, who apparently are a forerunner in tandems - want me to ask if they would be interested in buying it?

Mike

Comment

Good one, but it's the other way round, Mike. The likes of Claud Butler are the forerunners. A lot of the old badges were picked up by Holdsworth in the 60's and 70's. Dawes is a name which has survived the decades. I used a steel 531 tubed Dawes frame to build what is now my favourite bike. Following the decline in cycling St. John St. Cycles have done a good job picking up the touring side, including tandems, using the Thorn badge. I have friends here who drove the 250 miles to Bridgwater to order and then pick up bikes. They have a good reputation.
      Last edited by aggsnrog; 13-08-2010, 16:28.

Comment

Sorry Mike. Reading yours again you might not have been joking, but you do have a reputation . That's the trouble with this messaging lark. You type and hit send, and its there for ever more even if it's wrong or silly in some way .

In any event, I have now sold the tandem through the Tandem Club website.

Comment

Hi Roger

I have marked your thread as NOW SOLD, glad you managed to sell it.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X