As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT PRICE FOR A 2001 romahome ?

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHAT PRICE FOR A 2001 romahome ?

I have a Y reg Romahome to sell but am unsure what to advertise it for. Its done 95,000 miles is mechanically sound and has a little rust in one or two places. The usual like under the plastic by the bonnet. Any suggestions. Alternatively if you want one make me an offer. Just flew through the MOT only one tyre required. 10 months MOT 4 months tax.

Personally I would get the rust sorted and then wait a month or two before selling as folks are not thinking about camping at this time of the year. Come Easter time it will fly away. Very sort after vehicles. We just love em.

Comment

How Much

Originally posted by pendel View Post
      Personally I would get the rust sorted and then wait a month or two before selling as folks are not thinking about camping at this time of the year. Come Easter time it will fly away. Very sort after vehicles. We just love em.
      Thanks for the advice. Any idea as to a realistic price ???

Comment

If you google 'Romahome for sale', the result shows several sites that have comparable vehicles for sale. Also, the Romahome club site often shows Romahomes for sale, as do the Romahome dealers sites.

This could give you a feel for what sort of prices seem to be the going rate at the moment. Then, if you can, wait for Spring, which is when the upsurge in potential customers is likely to occur.

I understand that some dealers are willing to give forecourt space to vehicles for sale, for free, on the understanding that they get a commission for the sale.

I understand that you might well get a slightly higher price by selling privately rather than through dealers.
        Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Thanks

I agree with all the advice. Dealers seem to be selling comparable Romahomes for anything between £4995 up to £7995. Even the lower rate seems ridiculous to me. Are Romahomes really worth this ? I was thinking of selling for around £3000.

Thanks Rob

Comment

i think those prices reflect the quality of the basic product - Romahomes are not exactly cheap when new and appear to hold their value well because they are good. (Compare the price of a new Romahome to a good family car. Could buy a REALLY posh car for 29k, couldn't you?)

Don't sell it too cheaply, especially if it is still a good runner, reliable, has a reasonable body etc. Can always bring a price down but can't put it up once the fish have started biting.
            Carpe diem! :)

Comment

The price would depend on whether it is a genuine 2001 Romahome making it one of the last C125s or whether it its a 2001 van with an older camper shell, a few photos would help.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2012 View Post
                If you google 'Romahome for sale', the result shows several sites that have comparable vehicles for sale. Also, the Romahome club site often shows Romahomes for sale, as do the Romahome dealers sites.

This could give you a feel for what sort of prices seem to be the going rate at the moment. Then, if you can, wait for Spring, which is when the upsurge in potential customers is likely to occur.

I understand that some dealers are willing to give forecourt space to vehicles for sale, for free, on the understanding that they get a commission for the sale.

I understand that you might well get a slightly higher price by selling privately rather than through dealers.
                I would be very cautious about letting a dealer sell it on comission for you . There has been alot of dodgy dealers selling on comission who never hand over the cash. Just keep on selling customer motorhomes and when it finally gets to hot for them going bust or just disappearing. Of course not all dealers are like that but ask yourself why would they settle for comission if they could just buy yours and get retail prices for it ?
                Try e-bay set a reserve and let the market decide, don't take early offers wait for the end of auction, you might be supprised how many are looking out for a nice Romahome.

Comment

Romahome sale

Rob, I sent a PM about your Romahome a few days back, but haven't heard from you.
                  I have friends here this weekend who are testing our Duo for size, and although a Duo is out of their budget are keen on a really good C15.
                  If you see this, could you contact me either by PM or by the email address I sent to you.

Other members with realistically priced C15 models - particularly HiLo, please feel free to get in touch.

Thanks

Mark
                  Last edited by rubberrat; 11-02-2012, 17:59.
                  Aircooled VW Camper nut!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X