As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mid 1980s Thompson Mini Glen GL.

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mid 1980s Thompson Mini Glen GL.

MY son has decided to sell his much renovated Mini Glen and awning complete and ready to roll. It has Fridge, Carver Heater and many other extra features. Please PM me if interested and for more information.

Jim.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

We had a Thompson T-Line, is that the same as the Mini Glen? Fab little van called 'Little Dot'!

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
      We had a Thompson T-Line, is that the same as the Mini Glen? Fab little van called 'Little Dot'!

Not sure Dolly, but I think the T Line was bigger. This is a lightweight 10 foot commonly towed by cars of around 1100cc. It was apparently quite a rare "de luxe" model.

Likely to go on ebay in the next week or so if not sold before.

Jim.

Comment

Had a Mini Glen GL in the mid 70's. What a little gem they are(were). I sold it to go into business - no more time for camping!! Towed it with a Saab 96 - another gem.

Dolly, the Mini Glen was the smallest in the Thompson 'T-Line' range - if you looked at a T-Line from the side it was shaped like a short fat dumpy letter "T" (lots of imagination needed).

Good luck to your son with the sale, Jim - if I'd still been towing I'd have jumped at it!

Keith

Comment

Hmm! Ours was around 9 feet long inside, so maybe it was the Mini Glen and the name had fallen off!!!

Comment

In fact, it was just like this ....

http://www.thomson-caravans.co.uk/th...67miniglen.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
              In fact, it was just like this ....

http://www.thomson-caravans.co.uk/th...67miniglen.htm

Hi Dolly, Your link is a more shapely version with larger windows and a higher "kink" in the end panels. Otherwise very similar except for the door position.
              Dating is difficult, but I don't think Peter's is as old as that because it has double glazed windows. The one in the link does not.
              The comments about towing with a Mini support the possibilities of towing it with almost anything. Though it is heavier than my Romini.

Jim.
              Last edited by Twolitre; 23-03-2012, 09:59.

Comment

Tomson Mini Glen Update

The van is now on ebay with a full description and more pictures,
                Jim.

Comment

Did this van sell Jim?
                  Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X