As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOLD - 1969 Triumph Spitfire Mk3

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLD - 1969 Triumph Spitfire Mk3

Anyone fancy a tasty classic sports car? For those of you with bigger motorhomes it could be just the thing to tow behind for fun holiday driving or else perfect for a blast in the country.

1969 Triumph Spitfire Mk3 in yellow, selling on behalf of my father.

Good points:

Car has had a full mechanical overhaul Including:

Stainless exhaust fitted,

Overhauled hydraulics with new master cylinders, Aeroquip brake hoses & copper/nickel brake, fuel & clutch pipes throughout

Rear suspension has been fitted with Poly bushes

Carbs stripped and rebuilt

Recent track rod ends replaced

Alternator Conversion

New Fuel pump and Fuel Tank less than a year ago and all associated components overhauled or replaced.

Electric Rev counter fitted but mechanical components are included should you wish to change it back.

There's a nice stereo fitted & the carpets are very good.

Tonneau and Hood Covers included

Riding on new Minilite type alloys with good tyres.

Bodywork is in very good condition, but not concourse, no rot at all. with a little work could be made into a prize winner.

It's MOT'd until 5th July 2013 (sailed through with no advisories), tax runs out May 2013 (will check), but it's exempt anyway

Bad Points:

Seats need work or replacing, but are comfy enough.

Hood is serviceable but has patch on nearside rear quarter window where it split. However, if the car goes for the asking price a brand new hood will be included and will throw in a boot rack complete with new fitting kit too. There is also a spare hood frame.

Rear bumper quarters are not fitted but I have a choice of two pairs all in good condition which will be included.

Front bumper is bent & twisted, & could do with re-chroming once straightened out (or ideally replaced).

There is a blemish on the bonnet where the old stick on number plate was removed. This is very minor and easily rectified.

Overall a very smart looking car that always turns heads, runs well and all mechanical areas have been refurbished. With minimal work this could be a prize winning car.

Only selling as my Dad has a bad back and can no longer get in and out of the car easily.

Asking £2750

Contact Jeff (my Dad) on 01453 547 639 or send me a PM for a further details

More photos available on request.

Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Car now sold.

Cheers

Comment

Wow that was quick!

I leave this place to do something for half an hour and look what happens!

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
        Wow that was quick!

I leave this place to do something for half an hour and look what happens!
        Yup! Although im not surprised because its a really lovely little car. Were it not for Huff Junior on the way I would have bought it myself.

Dad didn't think to ask where the buyer had seen the advert but will check with him next week when he comes back to collect. Would be interesting if he did see the ad on here, though I suspect it was on one of the classic car forums/ad sites instead.

Comment

Wow. This car has me drooling - it is beautiful!
          Carpe diem! :)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X