As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Triumph Dolomite regrettably for sale

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Triumph Dolomite regrettably for sale

Dolly is on ebay now http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1810277398...84.m1555.l2649

Sad to see her go but needs must.
    Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Good luck with the auction, Huff! Already some bidders I see, lets hope there's a bidding war towards the end!

Comment

Yeah im surprised how quickly its jumped up in price, not made my reserve yet though and no one has asked to view as of yet which always makes me worry. Increases the chances of it being won by someone who has no intention of paying.

Comment

Seems to have attracted quite a lot of bids early on but still hasnt hit my reserve. However, a local guy who saw the car advertised on one of the free sites id placed it on before resorting to ebay has rung up today and is coming to look tonight. Im hopeful he will buy it without needing to complete the ebay sale. No one who has bid on the car on ebay has been in touch to arrange a viewing or ask any questions and that always makes me nervous. I'd prefer to sell it to someone who has seen it and is happy with what they are buying.

Comment

Originally posted by Huff View Post
          Seems to have attracted quite a lot of bids early on but still hasnt hit my reserve. However, a local guy who saw the car advertised on one of the free sites id placed it on before resorting to ebay has rung up today and is coming to look tonight. Im hopeful he will buy it without needing to complete the ebay sale. No one who has bid on the car on ebay has been in touch to arrange a viewing or ask any questions and that always makes me nervous. I'd prefer to sell it to someone who has seen it and is happy with what they are buying.
          Ya hay!! Don't forget you have to have more than 12 hours still to go to pull an ad from ebay. I don't know what you do if there's less than 12 hours, presumably edit to add - please don't bid this item is sold in big letters!

Comment

Well the local guy had a look but didnt buy the car, he went away saying he just wanted to get insurance quotes and would then come back with the cash. Didnt hear anything for a few days so rang him this morning and he now reckons he cant get insurance for a decent price. Given that I only pay about a £100 a year for insurance on it I find this hard to believe............. yet another timewaster. Just got to hope the ebay bids ramp up a bit now as its still a way off my reserve........... I hate selling cars............

Comment

If you have quite a few different bidders there will maybe be a bidding 'war' right in the last few minutes and you'll get what you wanted for it. Happened with me a few times, and I have been pleasantly surprised with the results. Fingers crossed!

Comment

Well, the Dolly has gone to her new home this evening and for the first time since passing my test I find myself Triumph-less. From a practical point of view im glad she has gone, I can now get both cars on the drive (& Herbert of course) & it's money back in my pocket but I can't help but feel a bit sad about it too.

Didn't quite get the price I wanted but wasn't far away and I kept hold of some spares that I would otherwise have let go with the car which I shall now sell individually.

Good job I still have Herbert to tinker with

Comment

Congratulations on selling! I think...

I'm glad you got nearly what you wanted for Dolly and that the eventual buyer wasn't a waste of time!

Comment

I always feel really sad when I have to get rid of a car. They sort of become part of the family when you've had them a long time don't they? I can tell you were very attached to Dolly and I'm sorry you had to let her go, but you almost certainly gave her a great home while you had her and I'm sure there will be another one needing your caring ways one day soon

Comment

Originally posted by madwoman View Post
                      I always feel really sad when I have to get rid of a car. They sort of become part of the family when you've had them a long time don't they? I can tell you were very attached to Dolly and I'm sorry you had to let her go, but you almost certainly gave her a great home while you had her and I'm sure there will be another one needing your caring ways one day soon
                      I will certainly have another Triumph, I fancy another Herald but it won't be for a few years now. Once we don't need the pushchair any more that'll be the right time I think. Until then im making do with my new Kia. Its very boring but it does the job.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X