X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

advice on nu venture for sale in scotland

Hi , am tempted by this van
    http://www.gumtree.com/p/campervans-...rio/1113989293

I have had a look around it externally and the bodywork seems OK. Slight rusting on exhaust underneath consistent with sitting out somewhere.

Has only 4000 miles on clock which is a little suspicious and am going to phone them up for the story on this van.

In general, is this an OK price? I have had a surf around tinternet and the price appears consistently in this area for this age and stage of van.

Am looking for a 'forever' van....
    Ellie

The mileage may well be genuine but that is not necessarily a good thing, it means it's been sitting around and not used. It's better to have an average mileage van in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Ellie. spending that sort of money, i would definitely want an independent check on the mechanics as well as an hpi check. if all seems satisfactory, be prepared to haggle! do not just accept the printed history. these things can be doctored. preferably take someone with you whose judgement you trust. good luck and happy camping.

Comment

the dealer has a good reputation up here but based on what my vehicles's previous owner paid, (my van was bought from there by previous owner) would say they are on the dear side...but you could probably get a guarantee from them. Only useful if you live near enough to be able to take van in. 4000 miles in 3 years seems very little so it must have been standing around a lot. Tyres may not therefore be as good as they may look. but I am not technical...a lot of money..so def get other opinions

Comment

I bought my pre-registered Transit-based compact coach-built from Perth Motorhomes not far away. We went and checked out Dicksons and also thought them a touch pricy, I reckon they whack on a fair mark-up over and above whatever it was bought or traded in for.

It looks very smart, but it's a few years old for that money so, if you are serious, at the very minimum I would insist that it be taken to an independent MoT tester of your choosing to see what that reveals. It'll cost you £54 but that's a small sum in the grand scheme of things and a lot cheaper than a proper engineer's inspection (but not so good of course). If the MoT tester is briefed about just why it's being tested and if you can inveigle your way into his confidence, so much the better.

Comment

The Nu Venture looks good. It is on our short list but we want one with two sofas instead of the dinette to one side. Much easier to make up the two single beds that way.

I wonder if Dicksons offer a warranty - might help make up your mind.

We found a East Neuk Fifer at Bridlington. Its an interesting one because instead of two sofas at the back it has been split up to provide two belted passenger seats (Once again it would take a lot of fiddling around to make up the beds). http://www.springfieldmotorhomes.co....at-2-3-120bhp/
            Mary

Comment

The table appears to be missing as it makes up the bed you will need it!
              We have the same configuration in a Nu Surf and don't use the table just have two settee's.
              Personally I think it's a bit expensive, if you have no part ex maybe you can haggle.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ed View Post
                Personally I think it's a bit expensive, if you have no part ex maybe you can haggle.
                I don't think the price is far off the mark, obviously a dealer price with perhaps a little room for manoeuvre. The fact that it is in a suitable location counts a lot in terms of convenience. Small cross section of other Nu Ventures currently for sale .........

Todds at Preston have a 2008, 20,000 miles for £27,500
                Somerset Motorhomes have a 2006, 40,000 miles for £20,995
                Perthshire Caravans - 2010, 40,00 miles for £25,995
                Private 2011, 12,00 miles for £23,995
                MotorhomeAgent 2012, 10,300 miles for £28,995
                PandPcampers 2010, 8,500 miles just reduced to £26,995
                Mary

Comment

Thanks for that comparison. I had also done a trawl and noted the price was consistently in this range across the country. but good to see it in writing. Am not going to be able to test drive until the weekend so hopefully it will still be on sale then. Weather dreadful here so hopefully that will put people off! E

Comment