Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Caravan For Sale - NOW SOLD

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FREEDOM-MICROL...item4aa52de7b7

Thought Id post this one up should anyone be interested,its a friends little caravan that has been put up for sale.Its a neat little caravan in need of a bit of TLC but in good order nonetheless,its a friend of mine form Bongoland who has decided to sell it on!It could work out to be e bargain for some one!

Dave

Oh dear! Why do people not just put a starting price? I never follow up anything marked as "Reserve not met". I suspect many things are listed this way in an attempt to find a market value, rather than a genuine offer to sell!
    Jim.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
      Oh dear! Why do people not just put a starting price? I never follow up anything marked as "Reserve not met". I suspect many things are listed this way in an attempt to find a market value, rather than a genuine offer to sell!
      Jim.
      I cant see what difference it makesIm not an E Bay user anyway so what do I know..........I posted it up just in case anyone was interested...I didnt expect a remark like that!!

I know the chap selling hes a good friend of mine and hes not a rip off merchant or a wide boy he is just selling it as he has hardly used it since buying it,his Bongo does everything that he wants and as the ad says he needs the space ........I reckon it will be a little bargain for someone......its the only reason I posted it up!!

Dave

Comment

Sorry if I have upset you Dabs. Just expressing an opinion.
        I just think that setting a starting price and then adding a reserve puts a lot of people off, myself and some friends included.
        I have sold things on eBay with the starting price always being the lowest price I hope or need to get and no reserve. That way interested bidders know where they stand.
        So many things have unrealistic reserves on them that I ignore items with a reserve.
        It looks to be a nice caravan which would suit my son, but I know he will not bother with it.
        Jim.

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
          Jim.
          Maybe this is to make sure that it doesn't go for just £0.01?
          It has been known.

On another auction site a few years ago, a friend of mine put a speculative bid in on a Ferrari, which registered £10, until the next bidder made their bid. The website went down, and that is what he won it for, when it returned a few days later. A legally binding contract.

Things are a little more fluid, these days.
          Last edited by zaphod; 06-10-2010, 00:16.
          Happiness is a palace on two wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by zaphod View Post
            Maybe this is to make sure that it doesn't go for just £0.01?
            It has been known.
            The starting price for bidding is set by the seller. If he is not prepared to accept less than (say) £500 and he lists the bidding starting price at that then no bids below that will count or be accepted. Surely that is the commonsense way to list. No losers or frustrations that way.
            Potential bidders can see immediately whether it is within their financial limitations.
            Jim.

Comment

But on the other hand, there are many bidders who will be intrigued to see what the reserve is, and will watch, wait and bid what they can afford right at the end. The low price attracts bidders in the first place. I sold my demountable in the same fashion.

Love it! Freedoms are GRP, like Rominis and Romahomes, not subject to damp like a lot of little caravans.... Was going to get one of these until I saw the Kips, still wondering if I made the right decision... and can be towed by a smaller car as lightweight as well! Good luck to your friend in selling, Dabs!

Comment

I used to have a Microlite. Lovely little van, but mine was the 3 berth and had no fridge. It was great at first, but that year my son grew about 8 inches in 9 months and couldn't fit on the bed or stand up with the pop up roof down anymore, so I had to get a bigger caravan.

Comment

This little bargain has now been sold,its moved just two miles up the road
                  Dave

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X