Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 eriba for sale

Renault eriba 1988 campervan

hi, here is my eriba campervan. She comes with new mot and tax. I purchased the camper approx 6mts ago with the intensions of using all summer for the purpose of finding somewhere to site a large touring van. I started my plans but however, with 2 kids in tow im finding this task to be hardwork. Basically, the camper is far too small for my plans and would certainly welcome a new home from somebody who would appreciate this classic van.

For anybody who doesn’t know, this camper was biult by hymer and based on a renault trafic chassis. They are extremely well built with all added extras from the factory. This is the 2 litre petrol model that will do a reasonably well 27mpg. She comes with grill, fire, hot water, shower head, portlaloo, large overhead storage, built in wardrobes, roof racks, 230v plug, front swivel seat, pop up roof and loads that ive probably forgoten.

History wise, i purchased the campervan after being stood for a few years in a well established caravan storage site. The side windows had been damaged along with the front headlights and windscreen so i firstly had these repaired before i got to work on the basics. The engine hadnt been started during this long period standing so i had a mechanic turn her over manually before giving her the once over, full oil filter change then fresh fuel before she was started and guess what, she started first time after a couple of turns. The engine now starts with a little choke then returns to perfect idle after a short expected time. The camper then had a pre m.o.t that prooved the durability of this camper. In short, she required 2 tyres, front windscreen, ( cracked, now replaced ), windscreen wipers and a brake flexi.

Externally she has needed a damb good clean from top to bottom and would benefit from new decals to really bring her back to life. As you will see from photos, there are slight areas of surface rust, inner door, slam panel but these are very superficial and nothing that couldn’t be rectified by a true enthusiast.

The interior is lovely and all works as it should. There is the standard portaloo, extendable shower arm so you can have a quick wash down indoors or extend outside for proper wash down. There wasn’t a stereo in place so i just added a cd player for the long journeys that also works fine.

The engine has covered only 37.000 miles with 5 owners from new so therefore, hasn’t even been broken in properly. I have some history showing a few services along with timing belt change at 33.000 miles however, after long time standing i would advise that a new timing belt be done for piece of mind. I also have some original eriba leaflets from the day she was purchased along with very usefull instructions for all the extra/factory standard built in appliances.

I have taken loads of photos so that the winning buyer has the opportunity to look her over properly. I would welcome viewings because there are things that i have probably missed. Anyone who knows these campers already know how this is really a rare camper and no doubt will only appreciate in value. Everywhere she goes i get questions and interest because you simply don’t see these campers anymore. If i can be of any more assistance please do not hesitate to email me and i will try to answer as best i can. Please do not expect to turn up and see a new/immaculate camper but please do expect a true vintage classic that will serve you good for many of years

These vans are quite unique and rare, if anyone is interested and wants to email the seller just click on his username and the drop down menu gives you the option to email.

Natjim345 - Thanks for the donation to the forum, I hope your van gets a good home.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi there - been looking for a suitable Eriba for a while now - the site won't let me PM you yet - any pics or perhaps an online album? Not that it matters, but where are you, and how much?

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X