Romahome C15 based camper wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romahome C15 based camper wanted

Well after a wonderful weekend of having long standing friends up to visit - primarily to test out our Berlingo Duo for size and suitability, they loved it and have decided that a C15 Romahome is the way forward.

They have no expertise in this market, so the search has fallen to me.

They don't have a Duo budget, and quality and value is more important than age. Up to £5k is the budget and closer to £4k would be preferable so this is a tallish order.

I don't 'Do' dealers (As I used to be, amongst other things, a boat dealer so can play that game well!) so private sales only please.

I would prefer a sale from a forum member or friends of first before I explore the other options I have to hand.

So, pre-season sales of C15 Romahome invited. Power steering would be a great option as it will be a daily driver for one of them.

We are in Norfolk, but will travel pretty much anywhere for the right camper - so please honest descriptions!, I've traveled 500 miles for a 'mint' VW before -the owner thought I wouldn't notice the 40kgs of filler in the bottom six inches
    I'm doing this as a favour so don't want to waste my freely donated time.

I don't mind sorting out a few niggles or other bits and pieces, but can't give the time to major projects.

PM me first for my email address or phone number for a chat.
    Aircooled VW Camper nut!

C15 romahome hi top 1993

Hi mate. I am taking delivery a new van in the next few days and therefore my c15 van is surplus to requirements, really nice condition and extremly reliable and 45mpg. Will be sold with a full mot and taxed till oct pm me before I advertise it thanks tony or email [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Tony View Post
      Hi mate. I am taking delivery a new van in the next few days and therefore my c15 van is surplus to requirements, really nice condition and extremly reliable and 45mpg. Will be sold with a full mot and taxed till oct pm me before I advertise it thanks tony or email tonydruc at tiscali.co.Uk

Tony, email on its way!
      Aircooled VW Camper nut!

Comment

Romahome

Hi if rubberat is not interested can you mail me details of it.?
        Thanks
        Jonathan

Comment

Romahome

Hello Jonathon,

If you are interested in a C15 romahome I have one in Cornwall. Check gumtree cornwall for more info.

Thanks

Rob

Comment

I hope I have replied to everyone, both on the forum and via other media. We have our shortlist now and will be making a decision this weekend.
            Thanks to everyone for their input.
            Aircooled VW Camper nut!

Comment

Hope they find a nice one - I've only had mine since October and apart from having to sort out the optional brakes (sorted so don't panic) I am more than delighted with my C15 - Mine wasn't too expensive but I have spent a fair bit on it. Easy to drive - economical on fuel and I can manage without running hot water or heating (lots of posts re mini oil filled radiators out there for those who use EHU)

Comment

We finalised this today, a bit sooner than expected, but our friends were at the show at Excel, then going down to Brighton to visit friends.
                I hunted this down and put them on to it after a lot of discussion with the seller - who was also near Brighton! They viewed - the first one -and bought - just what they wanted.

Great response from forum members and lots of off-line discussion.

thanks everyone and good luck with your sales... the Romahome market is pretty buoyant!

This is their new purchase - 46k miles and FSH

Aircooled VW Camper nut!

Comment

Very nice. I hope your friends have many happy years with it. Have they named it yet?

Di

Comment

Looks good but do something about that rust ASAP. And the crossbeam at the rear of the base chassis, they rot with salt water and 12volts.

Comment

Originally posted by riosromahome View Post
                      Looks good but do something about that rust ASAP. And the crossbeam at the rear of the base chassis, they rot with salt water and 12volts.
                      I picked up the 'rust' on the pics, its actually overspill waxoil from a pro treatment two years ago. Not a single spot of rust anywhere, even the usual under-bonnet areas. Has been garaged for much of its life though.

No name but I guess it will have!
                      Last edited by rubberrat; 19-02-2012, 18:51.
                      Aircooled VW Camper nut!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X