This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still looking for a Kip Caravan!

Thought I should repeat this one as it's still current!

Last one I saw was on Ebay (Kip Kompakt) was about to bid but when I scrolled to the bottom, it was no longer for sale as somebody's brakes had failed on a hill and made matchwood of it... seems it was not to be!

I would like one of the older ones, with sloping front end and just cooker, sink fridge at one side of back door, wardrobe, shelves on other side... A bit like the small romahome layout of the one I used to own!

So if anyone sees one for sale, anywhere, let me know!

JayJay

Hi Jayjay,

not KIP's i'm afraid but these 2 are tiny vans on ebay at the mo!

170400683140 - a white and yellow classic!!

140356477773 - a viking fibreline from 1972!

I do keep looking for KIP's, they seem pretty scarce.

Glen
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Hi Jay Jay

have you looked at an eriba puck. it is as you are describing and still in production, a friend had one and it convinced us that Romahomes were worth another look. they dont weigh much, she pulled hers with a little fiat.
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by glenw View Post
        Hi Jayjay,

not KIP's i'm afraid but these 2 are tiny vans on ebay at the mo!

170400683140 - a white and yellow classic!!

140356477773 - a viking fibreline from 1972!

I do keep looking for KIP's, they seem pretty scarce.

Glen
        Oh, they are scarce - I saw just two since I started looking (before I sold my Romahome, so two in 4 months approx), one was not fit for purpose, the other got into an accident...

Thanks for looking for me, there doesn't seem to be another one in the whole of the UK for sale at the moment...

Love the two above, would like the car to match on the white/yellow one, fine looking, isn't it? The viking is nice too, but not what I'm looking for... it has to have two separate beds, don't fancy having to make one up every time I wanted to lie down! LOL! And restricted on what I can tow.

Hi Ian, yes, I've looked at the Eribas, seem very expensive for what they are... love this one http://caravans.vivastreet.co.uk/mot...ravan/19017735 but same prob as above, have to make up a bed to lie down. My absolute max for anything resembling a small caravan is around £1,200, you don't see many Eribas (not even ancient ones!) going for that....

Still tempted though, have sent the Puck owner an email just to see - long way from here, in Plymouth though.

Anyways, the search goes on.....
        Last edited by jayjay; 03-11-2009, 15:54.

Comment

Here's a pic of the little Kip
          that met with a terminal accident

It's nearly the beginning of a poem, or song!

Comment

eribas

at the risk of boring you, the reason Eric bachem`s caravans seem a bit pricy is because they have an odd construction, they are built around a steel tube frame, like a zeppelin airship, which gives strenght and light weight, also they have a working life of 25 years plus. That is unusual nowadays.But they come onto the second hand market often, so good luck.
            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
              at the risk of boring you, the reason Eric bachem`s caravans seem a bit pricy is because they have an odd construction, they are built around a steel tube frame, like a zeppelin airship, which gives strenght and light weight, also they have a working life of 25 years plus. That is unusual nowadays.But they come onto the second hand market often, so good luck.
              Thanks Ian! I'll need it with this one I think.

Am also looking at the older aribas, and other small caravans.... but I really want a kip, just love the look of them! I might end up with a trailer tent at this rate! (Alternative plan of action if I can't find anything before next May) LOL!

Comment

More pics of Kip vans.... I still dream on....

this one is in the Netherlands... bit far to go!

Saw a lovely Wheelhome Sprintaway, but v. expensive, someone else didn't think so, it was sold within 3 days!

jayjay

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                  Here's a pic of the little Kip
                  that met with a terminal accident

It's nearly the beginning of a poem, or song!
                  You should write it JayJay and sing it along with "Washing on the Line"

I will start you off :

"I nearly had a kip van but it was ne'er to be".......

Comment

LOL Pauleen, will have a go whilst at my sisters next week with that one! :washingup:

OOOh seen a lovely Kip near Amsterdam in Holland.... My dad (bless him!) said let's go and get it, I'll tow it back for you... isn't he sweet? I think it would be too far for him, he says not... He's just bought a little Sprite for him and my mum, the pair of them are in their '80's . I'm slightly alarmed as I think they have forgotten what it's like to tow and pitch a caravan.

They were missing their Great Big Motorhome, having sold it at the end of last summer. Then I mentioned I was going to look for a teeny caravan, and they were taken with the idea. That's two of us missing our campervan/motorhomes.

Comment

If your mum and dad are anything like you JayJay they will be very resilient and manage quite well with their caravan, whatever their age Good for them, I hope that we are still doing things like that in our 80's!

Perhaps the people from Amsterdam could meet you half way?!

Comment

What a fantastic dad you have jayjay, I take my hat off to him wow, I'm sure he would do the trip for you no trouble..........
                        I hope you get your Kip, sounds like your heart is set on it, you'll get one, I'm sure...
                        Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
                        'Live without regrets'

Comment

Originally posted by bryanmole View Post
                          What a fantastic dad you have jayjay, I take my hat off to him wow, I'm sure he would do the trip for you no trouble..........
                          I hope you get your Kip, sounds like your heart is set on it, you'll get one, I'm sure...
                          Thanks, yes, he's a good Dad!

Still looking.....!

Seen a nice little silverline slimline caravan, might go and view it this weekend.

Comment

The Silverlines are nice vans, but getting very old now and prone to damp - take a dampmeter with you and don't be afraid to poke it in every corner. Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Caz View Post
                              The Silverlines are nice vans, but getting very old now and prone to damp - take a dampmeter with you and don't be afraid to poke it in every corner. Good Luck.
                              Hi Caz, yesp will do - that's if the owners EVER get back to me with answers to questions! LOL!

Also have bid on the very thing - a little Kip, so wish me luck luck luck!!!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X