wanted .. 12in Honda Civic rims .. older then 1979

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wanted .. 12in Honda Civic rims .. older then 1979

I know it might be a bit much to ask but I would like to find 2 12in Honda Civic rims from a vehicle older then 1979.. I have been reliably informed that I can then fit them to the back of my Acty to raise the rear end a little with no rubbing .

So if anybody happens to have any .. or find any on their travels .. please let me know

Sonya
    I make occasional visits to reality, but I'm not a full time resident
    http://minimouseandmilos.blogspot.com

Originally posted by Minimouse View Post
    I know it might be a bit much to ask but I would like to find 2 12in Honda Civic rims from a vehicle older then 1979.. I have been reliably informed that I can then fit them to the back of my Acty to raise the rear end a little with no rubbing .

So if anybody happens to have any .. or find any on their travels .. please let me know

Sonya
    I know little about the Acty, but rather more about steering geometry.
    All road vehicles' steering geometry have a feature called castor built in, which helps the vehicle to run in a straight line, hands off. Lifting the back will reduce that action. Perhaps, or perhaps not, significantly. Only trying those wheels will tell. Unless someone else has experience.
    It could induce the Acty to "wander". It would be best to fit the same size all round if possible.
    Also, of course. If the wheels are bigger the gearing will be slightly higher and the speedometer "slow". It will also reduce the effectiveness of braking by whatever percentage the wheel size increase is.
    My car has wheels of 13inch replaced by 15inch. It was necessary to uprate the brake servo to restore the braking and also the speedometer had to be changed.
    I'm not sure, but I think the Acty is front wheel drive. If so my last paragraph mostly does not apply if the front wheels are unchanged. Except that braking BALANCE will change.

Jim.
    Last edited by Twolitre; 28-05-2011, 09:40.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Thanks for your advice Jim, I was only asking as Tony in Bristol said I could swap the wheels for those ones without any problem. Last thing I would want to do is cause any issues because of changing anything I shouldn't

Sonya
      I make occasional visits to reality, but I'm not a full time resident
      http://minimouseandmilos.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi Sonya, have you tried the parts gateway site?

I had three quotes in an hour for an alternator for my nissan almera - mind you, that was a bit easier to find! LOL!!

Wishing you success in your quest.. Also wondered whether Rios spring assistors would do the same job?

http://www.partsgateway.co.uk/presul...?slctCar=honda

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X