Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted Roamahome C15 Hylo

Hi Folks,
    Following the meet at Moreton last weekend, I am definately on the lookout for a C15 (pref Hylo), probably pre 95 (budget is limited at c £5k) So dealers are out of reach (unless anyone knows different?)
    Am trawling Preloved, Caravan selecta, Gumtree, Friday Ads and Ebay.... If anyone can suggest any other sources, or spots a lead or are thinking of selling theirs..... please do be in touch......
    Happy trails everyone
    Andyvan :so happy:

Hi, I was at Richard Baldwin Motorhomes Romahome weekend today. He is based in Halifax, which is a long way from you, but I noticed that he has a C15 on his website, more than you had in mind, (£6995) but I also noticed while I was wandering around that he had several more not on the website, a bit older, but looking in good condition, it might be worth giving him a ring.

Comment

Thanks very much, I will be giving them a call.
      All the best
      Andyvan

Comment

C15

Hi Andy just did a search on Gumtree UK a few mins ago.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...iesel/79290133.

Hope it is what your looking for Good Luck

Billy

Comment

Hi Andy, found this one on ebay, but is from a dealer in northwich, not a million miles away from me!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Citroen-romaho...item2c5c702441

Comment

So far......

Hi Folks,
            Richard Baldwin have a hitop going through their workshop that might be near my price, (still to be worked out) but will send me photos and details as soon as...(thanks Von) Cheshire dealer was refreshingly candid and walked around their hitop declaring the metal bits as 'scabby' with some bodgy sounding repairs, they've just got an X reg one in, but no price on it yet (cream back, gleaming white front he said...... rebodied I thought!) I will call back tomorrow however for more info! (thanks Jayjay)
            I've missed a couple over the past 3 weeks, good ones are going very very quickly! Think I've got Ebay, Gumtree, Caravan selecta covered....... But any leads from other sources are certainly welcomed... and much appreciated.
            I'm particularly wanting a hilo really, better for parking restrictions though a hitop isn't out of the question!
            Happy trails all
            Andyvan:so happy::so happy:

Comment

Thanks wanderer

Sorry, Billy (wanderer) too, that Gumtree one had gone, though I might contact another couple on there and see what room there might be for further negotiation (gulp)
              Any further leads welcome
              Andyvan

Comment

If you need to stay over in Cheshire, pm me!

Comment

c15 romahome hylo

Hi Andy their is two on fleabay 170647477103 Paignton,
                  Devon & 230625183270 Dartmouth,Devon

Have a look at both in same area that way you can barter more in your favour.

Sorry you missed out on the gumtree one.

Fingers crossed up here you get one if not both

Billy

Comment

Two!!!!!

Cheers Billy,
                    I hope I don't buy 2! I know someone who did put in bids on two cars on Fleabay not believing he'd win either....... well you know the punchline... and it wasn't me, honestly!
                    Have made an offer on a hilo, but have not heard anything yet! also Richard Baldwin have sent photos of a hitop they have... am not back at work till Tuesday so will have a bit more time to pursue one meanwhile........ Thanks for the heads up on the 'West country two'.
                    All the best
                    Andyvan

Comment

Good luck with your hunt Andy. What made you decide to change your van ?

Comment

Hiya,
                        Well what really helped to decide was looking around a couple of Romahomes at Moreton recently, much as I enjoy my current one, a fine drive, economic and unusual etc ..... I find its fine to camp 'from' in fine weather, but its another matter if you're confined by the weather.. especially if theres two of you!
                        Think I can afford a C15 Hylo which I can still run up and down the motorway to work, park (def with a Hylo) in central Brighton, but best of all a logical layout and some room to sprawl. Everything is a compromise but I think a Hylo is a better one.
                        All the best
                        Andy

Comment

Success!!!

Hi All,
                          Well I now am the proud owner of a quirky 1995 Hylo, I actually picked it up a couple of weeks ago, have already been using it to go up and down the motorways to work (a slight leak in torrential rain at the top of the windscreen) and slept in the van very comfortably for 5 nights so far!
                          Its owners in Poole were sad to see it go, but have looked after it well generally, using it in the summer and garaging it in winter and only amassing some 7000 miles over six years... lots of servicing too.
                          Need to sort out a couple of things... water pump/faucet doesn't work nor the fridge on gas, maybe a trip to Ant is in order! But the Propex heater sprang to life with some encouragement!
                          Enjoying it, and am selling the lovely Nissan now, will be sad to see it go, but have made the right decision, hope all are well!
                          Happy Trails
                          Andyvan
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Andy

Your new van looks and sounds lovely, congratulations.

Glad you managed to get one you like and I am sure it will serve you with many happy camping holidays.
                            Graham
                            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Yay!:so happy: I'm glad you found one! It sounds lovely.

Just a few niggles to sort out and all will be well... and you know where to ask if you can't sort it out yourself!

The fridge might just need a bit of time for the gas to get through, especially if it's only been used on electric for years, as some are. Prime the gas system by lighting the cooker and leaving that for five mins, then switch off cooker and try igniting the gas, keeping the gas switch pushed in for 30 seconds or more until the thermo coupler is hot. It seems to take forever the first time! I remember laying on the floor to see the gas light for approx half an hour the first time. Also check you've turned on the gas to it, there is usually a separate switch somewhere near.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X