C15 window wanted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C15 window wanted.

My wife and I are really new to owning a motor home and belonging to a fraternity like this. Here's my problem. This afternoon, after the torrential rain we've been having, I had noticed a leak coming in through the right hand side window, the one that swings out. Well that's exactly what happened...it swung out. Right onto the drive way and snapped of the top left hand corner. My fault entirely as I had disconnected the window support rods for access.
    Ive managed to retrieve the bigger pieces and have rebuilt the damaged corner with some good old aircraft repair tape. Sticks like the proverbial.
    Anyhow I need a new window. New or second hand it doesn't matter. Forgot to mention....it's a 2002 C15 Romahome. That's all I know about it.
    Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Have you seen EECO? Their Web site is at caravanwindows.co.uk
    No idea how expensive their services are but they give online quotes.

Hope that might be of use

Comment

Many thanks Misted
      After your answer I've been to their web site and asked for a quote. Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by the-chadders View Post
        Many thanks Misted
        After your answer I've been to their web site and asked for a quote. Thanks again
        Make sure you're sitting down when they give you the quote, Chadders!

I had a window made for my caravan by EECO as it's very rare and I couldn't find a window the right size. They did an excellent job, but it was expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post

Make sure you're sitting down when they give you the quote, Chadders! They did an excellent job, but it was expensive.
          Can you recall approx how much JayJay?

One hopes they might have made a Romahome replacement before and have moulds to hand. Perhaps Romahome chose that window from a manufacturers range so maybe also used by caravan builders.

To put prices in context a Seitz S4 window 900x450 list price is £452 but some retail it at £359. That is a rectangular window made in batches not a one off.
          Having said that most items sold for marine and motor caravan use are expensive, they charge as much as the market will stand!

Comment

Originally posted by Misted View Post

Can you recall approx how much JayJay?
            It was years ago. I still have the receipt somewhere but offhand I think it was around £260-300. But we are talking a very large window here on a very small caravan! None of the caravan spares places had one with the dimensions required! So it was either go to Holland to see if I could get one from another old Kip caravan, or let EECO do it! I wouldn't have bothered at all if it had been anything like, but with two enormous cracks and constantly misted up inside, I had to do something about it!

Comment

Originally posted by Misted View Post

To put prices in context a Seitz S4 window 900x450 list price is £452 but some retail it at £359. That is a rectangular window made in batches not a one off.
              Having said that most items sold for marine and motor caravan use are expensive, they charge as much as the market will stand!
              Or if you are going to modernise using S4 Windows have a look at Shield - a Seitz copy which is cheaper 1100 by 450 £295
              Of course if you change one side presumably you would want to change the other!

The other option is contact some of the caravan breakers - Google the big ones will come up supply the size top bottom and depth and maybe a photo or sketch with measurements. I have a feeling I saw some touring vans with similar shape windows.

Jon

Comment

Hi again Misted...well I emailed that company and you're right they are expensive. I'm sure they do a great job and I'd get a window that's manufacturers specification, but £265 they quoted. If my camper was brand new I'd gladly pay it but not on a 17 year old vehicle.
                I've stumbled across a place on line and they have 2 caravan windows identical to mine on the camper van. Might need a little tweak here and there but at least I'm moving in the right direction, problem was the photos weren't great so I've asked him for some more pics. The measurements are spot on and hopefully it'll do the job

Comment

Hi the-chadders I was just walking up the road (living in Cornwall we see lots of caravans and campers) and I saw an oldish caravan with what may be the same window a 1990s Lunar Meteorite S.
                  Now this would give you a chance with caravan breakers etc.
                  Jon

Comment