weather proof cover to fit a citroen C15 hylo 1998

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weather proof cover to fit a citroen C15 hylo 1998

hi there. can anyone help me? i'm looking for a weather proof cover for my C15 hylo because i haven't got a garage to keep my van during the winter months so i need a cover to protect it from the elements. if anybody can help me out with this i would be very grateful. thank you.

Originally posted by mark View Post
    hi there. can anyone help me? i'm looking for a weather proof cover for my C15 hylo because i haven't got a garage to keep my van during the winter months so i need a cover to protect it from the elements. if anybody can help me out with this i would be very grateful. thank you.
    Buy a tarp from a builders store,add some extra eyelets from a camping shop if needed.a roll of washing line to tie to van - job done.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
      Buy a tarp from a builders store,add some extra eyelets from a camping shop if needed.a roll of washing line to tie to van - job done.
      That's a good idea - might do the same, using the kids' camping tarp. Have decided anything they have left (abandoned?) in the garage or shed now belongs to the oldies!
      Carpe diem! :)

Comment

is a "breathable" cover a better option ?

Comment

From what I've read a breathable cover is a better option, as a tarp will rub in the wind against the van, causing possible damage. However, if you tie the tarp down well, and put bubble wrap on the corners of your van underneath, then it will be no different to a breathable cover at many times the price. I do have a breathable cover for my caravan, but before I bought it, I also used a tarp.

A bonus with a tarp is that you can fold it up and take it with you! (This is very handy for me as 1. It ensures that the sun shines most of the time, and 2. If it rains, I can stop the leaks!!!!!!!!)

Comment

Keep posting these suggestions - living in the Hebrides without a garage, ( and a new owner of an oldish C15) I am looking forward to the answers here. Any method I use needs to be gale proof. When I moved here I had to learn new methods of pegging out washing too!! (different pegs - more pegs)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X