IMPORTANT ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ: GDPR Privacy Policy re-acceptance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMPORTANT ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ: GDPR Privacy Policy re-acceptance

This is just advance warning that at some point during the next few days a new box will appear when you log into the forum asking you to agree to our Privacy Policy.

We just didn't want any members to be concerned about the box and what it meant, if you are happy with how everything is so far, then all you need to do is agree

You agreed to the Privacy Policy when you joined but you must now confirm that you still agree to it. Once agreed the box will not appear again.

This is to comply with the GDPR which I am sure you have all heard of and have no doubt been met with similar boxes on other sites.

If you do not agree then you will not be able to continue using the site.

If you change your mind you can remove your consent at any time in the future, details are in the privacy policy which can always be found in the links at the bottom of the forum.

It's been added now so if you are reading this you are still with us thank you.

Comment

Odd. I don't recall seeing such a box in the last few days. But I'm glad you haven't blocked me for inadvertently not accepting it! LOL
      Carpe diem! :)

Comment

It may only pop up if you log out Sue, maybe you stay permanently logged in with 'remember me'? You can accept it from your profile if you wish.

https://community.smallmotorhome.co.uk/settings/privacy there is a tick box at the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline View Post
          It may only pop up if you log out Sue, maybe you stay permanently logged in with 'remember me'? You can accept it from your profile if you wish.

https://community.smallmotorhome.co.uk/settings/privacy there is a tick box at the bottom.
          Duly out, in, and signed now!
          Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Like Sue, I didn't get the message so logged out. The message came up so duly signed and logged back in (and the site had saved my details so I didn't have to scurry around finding my little book )

Comment

I have also duly signed but every time I log in, or out, I get the Agree box pop up again. Is that right, or is it my usual "anti-computer" gremlin at work? (Yes, I know, there is always one!). GeeCee

Comment

Originally posted by GeeCee View Post
                I have also duly signed but every time I log in, or out, I get the Agree box pop up again. Is that right, or is it my usual "anti-computer" gremlin at work? (Yes, I know, there is always one!). GeeCee
                Yes, it shows for 'guests' too. So when you log out you become a guest and it shows again.

Comment

Ok, thanks. I shall carry on trying to defeat the laws of logic and make some sense of computers. GeeCee

Comment