Using iPad or phone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using iPad or phone

If I access the forum via iPad or phone, I always get a log in page but it won't let me log in even if I tick the remember me box. I logged in 4 times today on phone but no luck. Just kept going back to a blank log in section. Also it shows the lounge as Private.

I expect I am doing something wrong any help appreciated. Thanks.

It sounds like a cache or cookie problem Flo, try deleting cache if that doesn't work try deleting the cookies for SMH but make a note of your password first.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Using ipad or phone

Originally posted by Flo View Post
      If I access the forum via iPad or phone, I always get a log in page but it won't let me log in even if I tick the remember me box. I logged in 4 times today on phone but no luck. Just kept going back to a blank log in section. Also it shows the lounge as Private.

I expect I am doing something wrong any help appreciated. Thanks.
      I have the same problem. The main page never shows me as logged in and says I haven't been on the site in a while which I ignore and just go into the forum. I can get into lounge and members area,although it shows private. But it has always been like that. I use an ipad.

Pam

Comment

I have the main forum page bookmarked and a shortcut on my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab A) homepage.

When I tap it the page comes up looking as if I'm not logged in, but I just select "what's new" and that page opens complete with my details and the members only options.
        Geoff

Comment

I've been doing a bit of research to see if I can help and it seems that some phones and tablet but especially those using iOS like iphone and ipad, have cookies turned off as a default.

You therefore need to make sure cookies are turned on at least for the forum if nothing else, other wise the forum cannot remember you as it has nothing to recognise you by - it needs a cookie.

Don't ask me how to turn cookies on though as I don't have any of those devices, but maybe a google search might help you

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline View Post
            I've been doing a bit of research to see if I can help and it seems that some phones and tablet but especially those using iOS like iphone and ipad, have cookies turned off as a default.

You therefore need to make sure cookies are turned on at least for the forum if nothing else, other wise the forum cannot remember you as it has nothing to recognise you by - it needs a cookie.

Don't ask me how to turn cookies on though as I don't have any of those devices, but maybe a google search might help you
            In settings click on Safari, click on block cookies, click on allow cookies from sites I visit.
            derek b and Babs

Comment

Originally posted by derek b View Post
              In settings click on Safari, click on block cookies, click on allow cookies from sites I visit.
              What a little treasure you are Derek

Comment

What a little treasure you are Derek
                I'm sure many people have asked Babs, "where did you dig him up from"

Comment

I'm sure many people have asked Babs, "where did you dig him up from"
                  She got me off the internet.
                  derek b and Babs

Comment