Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notifications.

At the top right of the PC screen are links. In my case:-
    Welcome, Twolitre, Notifications:2, My Profile, Settings, Log Out.

The Notifications:2 now comes up (in black rather than green) every time I power up. Worse. As I try to use the forum it puts up annoying windows telling me I have unread PMs.
    Not so! It appeared 2 PMs ago as Notifications:1 and grew to Notifications:2 with a recent PM from a forum member.
    I am getting fed up with the unwanted and erronious reminder window interrupting what I am doing.
    How can I stop it?
    Jim.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

It's not the forum at fault Jim, it will be your computer cookies or cache again

First try shutting your computer down.

Or Try emptying the cache or failing that delete cookies but make sure you know your password because deleting cookies might mean the forum doesn't recognise 'remember me' until a new cookie is set after you log back in.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline View Post
      It's not the forum at fault Jim, it will be your computer cookies or cache again

First try shutting your computer down.

Or Try emptying the cache or failing that delete cookies but make sure you know your password because deleting cookies might mean the forum doesn't recognise 'remember me' until a new cookie is set after you log back in.
      Thanks Pauline.

I have rebooted my PC several times since the problem arose. With no change.
      As for your "Or" paragraph. For emptying the cache or deleting cookies with this very unfriendly Windows 10. I have no idea. I believe this PC has Windows 8 in it - much more like the Vista I had. Maybe I would be better off trying to revert to that?
      Jim.
      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
        Thanks Pauline.

I have rebooted my PC several times since the problem arose. With no change.
        As for your "Or" paragraph. For emptying the cache or deleting cookies with this very unfriendly Windows 10. I have no idea. I believe this PC has Windows 8 in it - much more like the Vista I had. Maybe I would be better off trying to revert to that?
        Jim.
        I don't know Jim, sorry I can't be of more help but we are on holiday and I'm struggling with a poor signal and only my phone. Hopefully someone will be able to help you, I know nothing about PCs

Comment

How to delete cookies depends on what browser you are using. Does this help? http://www.digitaltrends.com/computi...safari-and-ie/

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X