This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Help Topic] Adding photos to your posts

There are two ways to add photos to your posts. One uses the Attachment Icon, simply click and upload your photos.

The other uses the Advanced Editor where you use the little mountain with a sun icon and can do more advanced stuff.

Below are screen shots of where to find the Attachment and Advanced Editor Icons

Attachment and editor icons.png

and once inside the Advanced Editor, this is the image upload icon

photo insertion in advanced editor.png

Inserting photos via external link: I prefer to use a link to a 'cloud' storage facility for inserting photos because it does not demand memory from the forum and affords me more control; this worked fine for some time, but stopped working toward the end of the old website and continues not to work on this one. I've tried all sorts of different approaches and have got to the stage where I'm starting to question whether there is something intrinsically awry with the links that Dropbox creates for me?

The link, if pasted straight into a new tab, works just fine ... but I cannot for the life of me get it to deliver a photo straight into a text box like this one. Here's the link I've been experimenting with .... unsuccessfully!

DEFEATED ..... tried a link to a 'Google DRIVE' stored image, same outcome. Tried all the routes (except upload to the server) to use a URL and have drawn a blank. I'm going to lie in a darkened room until my head stops hurting! THANKS for trying though.
    Last edited by mikeroch; 25-09-2017, 02:41 PM. Reason: Added the blue text having tried Pauline's approach

Comment

broccoli.jpg

Comment

I just did this above photo with a url image. Pasted the URL into the image url on the little mountain icon. Didn't touch any of the other settings and it seems to have worked.

I notice on the end of your drop box url it has added: ?dl=0 was that part of the original url? If so maybe take that off?

I used to have a Dropbox account, if taking that off (or it wasn't there to begin with) doesn't work for you, then I will have a look and see if I can put something on Dropbox and have a go with that.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeroch View Post

DEFEATED ..... tried a link to a 'Google DRIVE' stored image, same outcome. Tried all the routes (except upload to the server) to use a URL and have drawn a blank. I'm going to lie in a darkened room until my head stops hurting! THANKS for trying though.
          I'll have a go with Dropbox and Google drive as soon as I can.

Hope you're head feels better soon

Comment

Comment

Whooo! Hopefully I've cracked it mikeroch

The above is using Dropbox. Sorry couldn't figure out Google Drive but maybe it is similar.

I used the image tags around the url: [IMG] url inside here [/IMG]

and then change the end of your URL from ?dl=0 to raw=1

and the picture magically appeared.

It's something to do with it not being a true image link with the ?dl-0 on the end, it needs the raw=1

Can't take full credit except for some searching and playing around - I found the info here and it is further down in the replies where someone says to use the img tags: https://cantonbecker.com/etcetera/20...ropbox-images/

Comment

Thanks for all this work Pauline ... I'm not ignoring it but have had a frantic couple of days whizzing down to Inverness hospital and have found, on my return, that a good friend has died sooner than expected (Pancreatic Cancer) so am having to make plans to get down to the Midlands. I've copied all the info in your posts and will give it my full attention when the dust settles.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeroch View Post
                  Thanks for all this work Pauline ... I'm not ignoring it but have had a frantic couple of days whizzing down to Inverness hospital and have found, on my return, that a good friend has died sooner than expected (Pancreatic Cancer) so am having to make plans to get down to the Midlands. I've copied all the info in your posts and will give it my full attention when the dust settles.
                  Really sorry to hear that Mike. Thinking of you all.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X