Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we have the forum section name back under a post?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we have the forum section name back under a post?

Hi - we used to be able to see the name of the forum section that someone had posted in, but that isn't shown now. Can we have it back? When I posted in 'Was it you?' the other day I didn't think it was necessary to type - 'was it you outside Gargrave?' and just titled it 'Gargrave'. So people may have clicked on it thinking it was a review, a comment, a question etc. whereas if they could see it was in the 'Was it You' forum, 99% of people could ignore it, knowing it wasn't addressed to them. Given the sometimes quite cryptic post titles ('What do you think' for example) it would be good to know if they were asking for a photo review, talking about a campsite, discussing caravans, asking for a technical assessment or generally greeting the day in the Daily post.
    There's no point leaving it sitting on the drive!
    http://the3cheers.blogspot.co.uk/

This was posted in 'Need help or having Issues using the forum'

Comment

I agree, the forum title does help to locate posts of interest. Especially with thread titles which don't indicate their content,

Some interesting posts with cryptic, vague, or misleading thread titles, can otherwise be missed without a clue to their likely topic from the forum heading.

Comment

I don't know is the honest answer, but happy to try to find out.

Leave it with me.

Comment

I agree that when you are looking at the forum from the "new topics" ot "today's posts" you don't see the section they are posted in but if you look at the forum from the front page you can go to the sections of the forum that interest you e.g. "Romahome Chat" or "Caravan Chat" etc. you will see the posts that interest you assuming that the original poster has put it in the appropriate section but that's not always the case.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

You can also help the forum by shopping online at Amazon using this link

Comment

There is an option to view 'latest activity' (see screen show for where to find it on desktop. On mobile version it is in a drop down menu titled 'forum')

Latest Activity does show the post, who posted it and where it is, including the first line of the post but it does show ALL activity, including what you have already read. However there are various filters you can choose so it might help for now.

I am trying to find out if more info can be added to the 'new posts' and 'new topics' options.

Latest activity screenshot.png

Comment

Ask and you will receive ajtyorks

I asked support and they have added it in for us, however there is a chance it might disappear after an upgrade but they will add it back if that happens

Comment

Thanks to all concerned.

Comment

I miss seeing what part of the country people are from and what their units are underneath their avatars!

Comment

Yes, that's something else we are trying to see if we can get back on

Comment

Thanks Pauline - sorry for the delay in replying. Much appreciated.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X