Photo heavy posts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo heavy posts

Hi Pauline I just posted a post with 4 medium photos and got a message that my user group had used up so much data that a 5th photo failed. In the past I just continued on another post. This still gets the same message. What do I do.

Hi Derek.

Everyone has a limited amount of storage space for their photos.

We have to have a limit because the more server space we use the more we pay for hosting. If you imagine it like hiring storage space, once your box is full you have to hire a bigger one

There is more here on managing your photos in a tutorial I wrote:
    https://community.smallmotorhome.co....ng-your-photos

However at the moment there is an issue with being able to access photos (described in more detail in the above thread) so if the ones you no longer need are not in the last 30 let me know and I'll try to help.

​​​​​​The trouble these days is some devices, iPad in particular, take massive photos so for instance 10 iPad photos will take something like treble the amount of space that 10 photos taken on an ordinary camera will and then a members photo storage fills up quickly

If you can resize photos to a smaller size it will help. Size as in bytes/mb etc. that is.

Comment

Thanks Pauline.

Is there a maximum size you would recommend?

If we clear out our older pics would that leave gaps in the posts?

Must admit I do like to add pics and videos. It is a multi media platform after all but I wouldn't want to be overloading the storage. .

Comment

Originally posted by Dapple View Post
        Thanks Pauline.

Is there a maximum size you would recommend?

If we clear out our older pics would that leave gaps in the posts?

Must admit I do like to add pics and videos. It is a multi media platform after all but I wouldn't want to be overloading the storage. .
        We don't want to stop anyone posting photos, they are invaluable in some threads, especially technical ones. I mentioned in the other thread regarding size that Derek has 140 photos and they've filled his allowance but some members have 300 + without filling up, so it must be a size issue.

This is what @Teloupee Phil suggested as a sensible size in another thread, he's more expert than me on photos:

With all the photo's I upload and my years of being on Photo forums and pages. The majority say that the max size for optimum viewing is between 500 and 700 px on the longest side and the resolution needs to be no more than 72dpi.

Comment

I was late to the multi media platform, only learning to put up photos under pressure from Dapple! So one big thread not bothering enough about megabytes and my allowance is gone. even then i had to reduce my camera settings to minimum to post at all!
          Still the transition to small kilobyte pictures was pretty painless, one more step in the posting process about 5 button presses. The size I chose was the smallest offered 800 x 600.

Comment

Thanks Derek and have you been able to post it on the forum?

Comment

oops sorry, forget that, just seen your post with photo busy cooking Sunday dinner so forgive my missing it

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X