Duplication??????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplication??????

Why so so many things (annoyingly) come up duplicated every day under headings of "Today's Posts" and "New Topics"?
    It is rather tedious and frustrating scrolling down the second column to find so many things already accessed in the other. I do not recall such an annoyance with the old forum.
    Jim.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Jim, "new topics" are posts you haven't read yet, "todays posts" are all the posts that have been made today, whether or not you have read them, the ones you have read will be grey and the ones you haven't read will be dark black.

I don't think you need to look at todays topics and new threads, just one or the other, I always use new threads.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
      I always use new threads.
      I always use today's posts because sometimes I read but don't have time to reply, so when I next look it reminds me to reply as the thread is there, albeit greyed out

Comment

I always go straight to "Today's Posts" and then the blue arrows at the side if #i have already been into it before

Comment

One thing to consider, if you don't visit the forum everyday, is you will miss things if you use 'todays posts' so need to use 'new posts' so you don't miss out and see all things posted since your last visit

If you don't visit everyday, why not?!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline View Post
            One thing to consider, if you don't visit the forum everyday, is you will miss things if you use 'todays posts' so need to use 'new posts' so you don't miss out and see all things posted since your last visit

If you don't visit everyday, why not?!!
            Hi Pauline - I am unable to find the `New Posts` button on my laptop screen, only the `Todays Posts` ? What am I missing ...

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post

Hi Pauline - I am unable to find the `New Posts` button on my laptop screen, only the `Todays Posts` ? What am I missing ...

Nick
              Sorry Nick, I meant 'new topics' not posts. Can you see that?

Comment

Oh right.. Yes I see `New Topics`, thanks for that. So to see all new posts since I last logged in I hit `Todays Posts` ?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                  Oh right.. Yes I see `New Topics`, thanks for that. So to see all new posts since I last logged in I hit `Todays Posts` ?
                  Only if you log in everyday. Otherwise use new topics.
                  Today's posts will give you all posts in last day

New topics will show everything you haven't seen since you last logged in, which could be days or weeks.

Comment

Yes that makes sense now - thanks for your help, simples really..

Nick.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X