Attention of Twolitre/Jim - important

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention of Twolitre/Jim - important

Jim we have received private messages from you saying you can't send private messages or post on the forum.

What you sent WAS a private message so we are a bit confused. We did reply to you but don't think you have read it, so thought we would try here

To post a reply on the forum look below the last post in a thread right at the end, for example look below this post from me and you should see a box that you can type in, where it says "write something" . Then press "post"

We are not sure what you mean by the "recent changes to the forum" as nothing has changed since your latest posts in October and you were able to reply then.

Maybe there is a problem with your computer?

We are not sure what else to do as your don't seem to be getting our messages so thought we would try this

We will do all we can to help.

Hi Pauline,
    I hope that this PM reply is the correct method though different to previous PM replies I made pre OCTOBER!,
    So many differences and annoyances from the previous method that my 80 years (almost) can cope with.
    Things I have struggled with:-
    Trying to remember where on the list of "new posts" I was, after reading a post and then trying to return to the listing at the point from which the just read.post has disappeared.
    Trying to remember that that " Write something" means "post a reply" - WHY? And WHY so many other niggling changes.

I presume that there was a good technical reason for changing the forum, such as the old Forum facility being withdrawn (which has happened to two other forums to which I used to subscribe regularly (AND NOW RARELY DO).

OLD DOGS and NEW TRICKS is the basis of an old adage which has existed from long before computers evolved but is still just as valid within the Internet as any where else.

SORRY!!! But this "Old Dog" resists and avoids change unless it is life threatening.

Regards to you and Graham, But the (maybe-tiny) changes to the Forum have frustrated me to the point of total surrender!

Jim.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Hi Jim, Good to see you are still with us old pal, Sue & I were getting concerned.
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

It's not a PM Jim, this is a normal forum post so if you can do one of these you can reply to any forum posts

Sorry for the delay in replying, we've been away - thought of you in Madeira and the very lovely day we had with you on the toboggan ride and cable car back in 2015

Comment