Looking at the vans for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at the vans for sale

The slide show goes round a bit fast. Is it just me?
    I would love to click on the photos and have a good look at each one, but can't get them to stop or pause.
    Might just be me though!

They don't go very fast for me Jayjay. What are you viewing on?

Comment

A desk top computer, Pauline. Very fast fibre optic connection. I wonder if this is the cause? I get approx 3-4 seconds to look at a photo, and then the next one is up before I've really had a chance to take in all the details. It would be nice to click on a photo and stop the slide show while I get a proper lookie!

Comment

How strange. Does it stop if you click on the numbers at the bottom? Like a page number within the slideshow

Comment

I've tried increasing the time for auto play, does that help?

Comment

I can click on the individual photos in the slide show, which pauses it for a few more seconds, then the slideshow starts again! So If I want to look more closely at a particular photo, I have to keep clicking on the photo to bring it back and repeat.

Comment

I'm coveting that auto conversion!

Comment

Not really sure. Don't think it will be the speed of your internet, more likely the browser. What are you using? I'm on Firefox and it goes quite slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline View Post
                  I've tried increasing the time for auto play, does that help?
                  No, still around 3 seconds per frame! Perhaps it's my google chrome browser?

Comment

I'm on Chrome now on my phone but still quite slow!

Comment

Ah, I think we are discussing different things!

I thought you meant the slide show at the bottom/front of the forum called 'vans for sale' but I think you mean on the actual website page.

They do go a bit quicker, will have a look but will take a bit longer to change

Comment

I've just had a look using Chrome on my phone. The slideshow advances every 3 seconds of left to play by itself but I can stop the slideshow by clicking on the thumbnail images in the "reel" of photos at the bottom. This pauses the slideshow on that given photo and it stays static until I click another photo.
                        Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob B View Post
                          I've just had a look using Chrome on my phone. The slideshow advances every 3 seconds of left to play by itself but I can stop the slideshow by clicking on the thumbnail images in the "reel" of photos at the bottom. This pauses the slideshow on that given photo and it stays static until I click another photo.
                          Thanks Rob, I thought they should pause but had forgotten how!

Comment

OK had a play. I'm getting 3 secs per picture in the slide show. But to stop it and keep a picture on the screen, click on the smaller picture from the slide-show "ribbon" to open it in the larger view window. Now the important bit - keep your cursor down over the slide-show ribbon. As soon as you move your mouse pointer up onto the larger picture the scrolling will start within a second or two but if you keep the pointer over the "ribbon" the lager picture won't scroll.

Tested on Safari and Chrome on this MacBook.

Comment

Ah ha! So that's how you do it! Thanks to you all for your help!

Comment

widgetinstance 226 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X