Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem uploading photo !

Hi,
    I'm trying to upload a photo to the items for sale section but I get the message ' upload failed due to your user groups upload quota '.
    Earlier, I uploaded three photo's to a previous post.

Any suggestions ?

John

I suspect that since you only have 14 posts to date that you have not yet hit whatever the magic number is (50 rings a bell) that permits you to post Adverts and photos. Perhaps one of the forum bosses will read this and advise you. I'm sure I've read somewhere in the rules that some sort of restriction applies to newcomers.

Update: I see John miller has posted photos of a water tank for sale and he only has 14 posts ... so press on / persist, it looks do-able.
    Last edited by mikeroch; 21-04-2019, 16:28.

Comment

Hi Mike, the forum rules state that 10 posts are required and at least three months membership and John Miller fits that criteria.

He’s managed to put the photos on too.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Help required.

I'm trying to upload another advert, but not being allowed to because of a Usergroup memory limit. Then, I tried uploading a text only advert only to be told I need to load a picture before I can post !

Where am I going wrong ?

John

Comment

Originally posted by John miller View Post
          Help required.

I'm trying to upload another advert, but not being allowed to because of a Usergroup memory limit. Then, I tried uploading a text only advert only to be told I need to load a picture before I can post !

Where am I going wrong ?

John
          Being told you need to upload a photo suggests you are using the camera icon, you can't do text only that way, it is photos only.

Try this way instead: https://community.smallmotorhome.co....-to-your-posts

It could be your photos are very large and that is why you are getting a memory limit. The attachment option attempts to resize them. We have to have a memory size limit per member other wise the server gets overloaded.

Good luck

Comment

Hi Pauline,

Yes, I have uploaded quite a few photo's recently, and I appreciate that I will have used a lot of memory. There did not appear to be an option of re sizing available. I will read your link and attempt to follow your instructions.

Many thanks,

John

Comment

Hi Pauline,

Yes, I have uploaded quite a few photo's recently, and I appreciate that I will have used a lot of memory. There did not appear to be an option of re sizing available. I will read your link and attempt to follow your instructions.

Many thanks,

John
              Ok John. There isn't a way to resize as you upload, I meant the system tries to reduce them if it can during upload.

If you think your images are very large it would be better to resize them on your computer before trying.

Comment

Hi Pauline,

I'm using a Samsung tablet and I cannot for the life of me find a way of resizing my images, they are all of megabyte size. I'm certain there was a way, these programs seem to get updated overnight and change.

However, I do own another tablet, an Amazon fire which is much lower resolution, the images being of the order of 350 kilobytes, much more suitable for publishing on the forum.

I appear to only have a small amount of memory remaining on this usergroup, is there any way of increasing this allocation please ?

John

Comment

Hi John

The allocation of space can't be increased per member, only per user group.

However we have members in the same group with loads of uploaded photos without problems so I can only assume the ones you have done are massive to take up so much space.

If you can resize them I could delete the ones already posted and you could add new smaller photos as a reply to the post..

Comment

Hi Pauline,

I'm sorry for being such a numpty.

So, if I understand you correctly, you can delete all my previously posted mega pictures. I can then as a reply to my topics post new smaller size images.

This sounds a great solution from my point of view, I hope it doesn't give you too much work. Apologies once again.

John

Comment

Hi Pauline,

I'm sorry for being such a numpty.

So, if I understand you correctly, you can delete all my previously posted mega pictures. I can then as a reply to my topics post new smaller size images.

This sounds a great solution from my point of view, I hope it doesn't give you too much work. Apologies once again.

John

No worries John, I'm sure it can easily be sorted.

I'll delete your photos in the morning and yes, hopefully you can then add the new ones as replies.

Comment

John I've deleted the ones from the for sale adverts but not the ones in your caravan window thread. See if you are able to add more and we can take it from there.

Comment

Pauline, thanks very much.
                          ​​​​

I have uploaded two replacement photos taken with my Amazon fire tablet, using this device I was given a choice of file sizes, used the small option. It seems to have worked.

John

Comment

Pauline, thanks very much.
                            ​​​​

I have uploaded two replacement photos taken with my Amazon fire tablet, using this device I was given a choice of file sizes, used the small option. It seems to have worked.

John
                            Excellent. Just let me know if you have any more problems

Comment

Hello Pauline,

Many thanks for deleting my previous photo's.

Earlier, I attempted to upload a small file 130.8 kb in size and I got the following message,

' Upload failed due to your usergroup's upload quota. This file will require 130.8 kb, but you only have 73.4 kb of 20mb remaining '.

So, at the moment I cannot upload any photo's.

Is it possible for you to resolve this problem ?

John

Comment