Announcement

Collapse

Keep it friendly folks

We are noticing an increased amount of posts that are in danger of generating a “flame fest” that is an argument between two or more members.

Please can we all be respectful to each other and stop making nasty comments and jibes, any posts that admin and moderators consider to be inflammatory will be deleted without warning or comment.
See more
See less

High Altitude Bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Altitude Bear

Bear sitting on the signpost at the Col de la Bonette, Maritime Alps, France today. At 2715m there are not many roads higher. There is a loop going off from the Col which is claimed to be the highest, paved, through road in Europe but unfortunately it was still blocked by snow so we couldn't try it. There is a much higher road in the Sierra Nevada in Spain but that is a dead end although the tourist route they built here to claim the record doesn't really go anywhere either as it runs to exactly the same spot where it starts.

Very poor internet connection where we are now but will try and post a couple for photos.

Edit: Can't upload any pictures so will try when we next have a good connection - which might be in a few days time.
    Last edited by Swallow; 25-05-2016, 15:58.

What a well travelled bear is Bear!

Gulliver and Arthur haven't got any further than Yorkshire and Somerset! Then they forget to have their photos taken!

Comment

Just in case anyone is still waiting for the picture I'm still unable to upload it. I think it's a problem with the forum software as I can upload pictures to another forum. I'll see if I can do via a URL. The issue may be because I am using an Android tablet.

Comment

This might work. Click on the link below. Let me know if it works.

https://goo.gl/photos/pY6xevodCW1gt2tx5

Comment

Yes I see him! Thank you, what a great photo

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline View Post
            Yes I see him! Thank you, what a great photo
            Thank you, I also uploaded a bit of dash cam footage as we crossed the col. Not sure if this will work either...

https://youtu.be/KMIHT5qKNO4

I'll start a new thread sometime to try and identify why I can't upload pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by Swallow View Post
              Thank you, I also uploaded a bit of dash cam footage as we crossed the col. Not sure if this will work either...

I'll start a new thread sometime to try and identify why I can't upload pictures!
              We are away at the moment so can't watch the video (saving data) so will watch when we home.

I will also try to find out about photos

Comment

We are away at the moment so can't watch the video (saving data) so will watch when we home.

I will also try to find out about photos
                The problem with the photos is when the box (little window) opens for you to select the file to upload, after selecting the file no button appears to actually upload it. The box just sits there showing the file of the image but I can't get beyond that. I've uploaded pictures before but only from my PC I think as I know I've had this problem before with the tablet.

Comment

The problem with the photos is when the box (little window) opens for you to select the file to upload, after selecting the file no button appears to actually upload it. The box just sits there showing the file of the image but I can't get beyond that. I've uploaded pictures before but only from my PC I think as I know I've had this problem before with the tablet.
                  Not sure if this will work but I had something similar with my Kindle but if I click on "basic uploader" instead of "select files" it works. Screen shot here:

Screen shot 2016-06-01 at 15.14.26.jpg

After clicking basic uploader you get another box to Browse for your files and then under that is the upload button.

(This is using the little add picture option in the post creation box, not from manage attachments by the way.)

Comment

We are home now, what a fabulous video, but I fear Graham would be ill if we drove up there!!

Comment

Not sure if this will work but I had something similar with my Kindle but if I click on "basic uploader" instead of "select files" it works. Screen shot here:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11071[/ATTACH]

After clicking basic uploader you get another box to Browse for your files and then under that is the upload button.

(This is using the little add picture option in the post creation box, not from manage attachments by the way.)
                      The problem is I can't see any of those controls. It might be a Java or Flash thing. This is what I can see.:

https://goo.gl/photos/1py7JZ1FvZvNvSdR9

Comment

This might work. Click on the link below. Let me know if it works.

https://goo.gl/photos/pY6xevodCW1gt2tx5
                        Wow, what a lucky bear.

Comment

The problem is I can't see any of those controls. It might be a Java or Flash thing. This is what I can see.:

https://goo.gl/photos/1py7JZ1FvZvNvSdR9
                          Just below where your file name is showing can you not click on it where it says upload files? It works like that on my phone which is android.

Comment

Pauline, Many thanks, I've got it working now. I think it must just have been the poor internet connection I had at the time.

OI000130-320x240.jpg

And a bigger file:

OI000130~2-800x600.jpg

And an Alpine Marmot I saw by the side of the road on the way up.

OI000122-800x600.jpg

Comment

That's great news. Love the marmot

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X