As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse

FAO MARTIN GERRISH

If Martin Gerrish is reading the forum can you check your email and reply to [email protected]

Thanks
Graham
See more
See less

Cruise ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NomadSue View Post

But, as I understand it, havng had the two injections against Covid is no guarantee that you will be covid-free say 9 months down the line (If 'flu jabs are anything to go by, anyway.)
    Originally posted by buzzbaby View Post
    thats the silly argument the anti flu jab brigade use..
    I can't for the life of me see how you can make that connection!

Sue was just pointing out that any ID card would need to be renewed with every repeat vaccination, and so far I haven't seen any indication of how frequent that will be.

It's good news that progress is being made, but there are still a lot of questions to be answered, as this article point out (not from a crackpot anti-vax source you'll notice):-

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03166-8
    Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by Artoo0 View Post

I can't for the life of me see how you can make that connection!

Sue was just pointing out that any ID card would need to be renewed with every repeat vaccination, and so far I haven't seen any indication of how frequent that will be.
      Same here. I took Sue’s comment the same way.

Meow is the time to chill with my cat =^..^=

Comment

The mechanism is already there, not needed so much in the last 50 years but still exists.

https://www.who.int/ihr/ports_airports/icvp/en/

https://www.who.int/ihr/IVC200_06_26.pdf?ua=1

One would think the Yellow Card International Vaccination Certificate, will be updated by WHO, to include COVID -19. And SARS-2 . It maybe they will be part of normal documentation people need to carry when travelling, ( or maybe even domestically).

Jon
        Last edited by kernowjon; 12-11-2020, 09:06.
        Fast becoming a GOG (Grumpy Old Git:joker:)

Comment

As I see it covid requirements will mean that cruise ships will be scrapped or at least under-used and that is uneconomic. Likewise the whole hospitality industry will be knocked flat.

We are looking at massive economic changes and at least one relief is that there will be a sane person in the White House early next year. What happens in the meantime?

Paul.
          Seek to make a virtue of necessity.

Comment

Originally posted by Doblo7 View Post
            As I see it covid requirements will mean that cruise ships will be scrapped or at least under-used and that is uneconomic. Likewise the whole hospitality industry will be knocked flat.
            I don’t think so. We keep up to date with the latest cruise ship news and they are busy changing their air filtration systems and putting in excellent measures to protect passengers, sailings for the future are already getting booked up, once it’s OK to travel I think they will be back and making a fortune not only for themselves but for the local economies of the places they visit.

Meow is the time to chill with my cat =^..^=

Comment

Nice thought Paul. We could all club together and buy a cruise ship.. OR ! Branson or Ryan air etc will set up a cheep cruise company with package holiday come aboard and dodge the salmonella and lots other germs .wear you matching monkey suite and face mask.😎💃🕺🌏🌴🛳
              living the life in a field

Comment

Interesting! My prediction about certificates. BBC website “The Explainers”. forecasts much the same. Very interesting about the Vaccine. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-51176409

Oops my my apologies getting so far off topic.

Jon
                Fast becoming a GOG (Grumpy Old Git:joker:)

Comment

heres a prediction the world will never be the Same again .even worse for some nations .a sane person in the White House theres a nice thought
                  living the life in a field

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X