B&bs off the m6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B&bs off the m6

Having shown some initiative and read the instructions I hope I am doing this right. Because we regularly travel from 200 yards from the Solent to Ayr we have discovered a couple of b&bs we have used regularly.

The Holly Trees at Alsager junction 16 off the m6. Only a few minutes drive but no motorway noise. Last time we were there about a year ago it was £65 for b&b. A bit dated but comfortable. Good breakfast. Very friendly. Dogs welcome even in the breakfast room. No dinner but we would recommend the Wilbrahim Arms a short drive away. Also dog friendly in the large bar.

​​​​​​

Golly someone recommending somewhere near to me! That's unusual! Also The Plough is near to the Holly Trees for a carvery type dinner... and 2 miles of mostly takeaways along the main high street, plus a few restaurants! The Wilbraham Arms has a long public footpath nearby (which used to be the Salt Line railway), and which is rather lovely in the spring for walking dogs.

Comment

If the Plough is the one just down the road from Holly Trees then it was not dog friendly but I think it has changed hands since we last looked.

Comment

Yes, The Plough is just down the road. I think they allow dogs in the bar, but not in the restaurant bit now. I'm sure I saw a doggie in there a few weeks ago. :thumbsup:

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X