Little Gem, Morecambe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Gem, Morecambe

This is a self catering accommodation we visited a while ago, it is described as quirky and it certainly was (in a nice way). Beautifully furnished with lots of antique furniture but with modern amenities. This place was an absolute delight, right on the sea front and close to the Lake District.

Here's my video review.

Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Very nice Graham, not the place to take little kids but I could spend some time just admiring the eclectic bit and pieces.

Comment

Wonderful place but not for the dog either. We prefer things a bit more basic where she can't do much harm. Great position. Someone has gone to a lot of trouble to make it lovely.

Comment

Yes probably not good for dogs or kids, fortunately (or unfortunately whichever way you look at it) we have neither these days.

Its not the sort of place we’d take our grandchildren, we’d be on tenterhooks all the time.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

A comprehensive review, thank you, Graham. I could see there being a heated debate as to who gets the big double bed and who has to go up to the top floor to have the two single beds! LOL But certainly a place I would consider staying at, if only for the sake of personal nostalgia.

You have taken me back to the days when we had young children and used to borrow my uncle's mobile home for a break in Bolton-le-Sands. He considered going to Morecambe to be a real treat, bless him! The kids and I used to enjoy the funfair there - it had the first roller coaster that I ever went on.

When my kids were older, a young friend and I enjoyed a few days at the caravan, so we could attend a multicultural festival at The Platform, Morecambe, where we did gumboot dancing. Great fun. Happy memories, though sadly she is no longer with us.

Many was the time I went up to that caravan for a short break to defuse work-related stress.
          Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Thanks Sue, we were on our own so no disputes about who had which room but we did consider having the top room with the single beds because the view was great and the beds were facing the window so you could lie in bed looking out to the bay but in the end being the couple of love birds we are we like cuddling up in double bed.

We did sit in the top room occasionally and used the telescope provided to look at wading birds in the bay.
            Graham

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X